3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Current Mission Rotation Poll

Please vote for the Map/mission's you would like to stay.
Podagorsk - The Mannerheim Line 11%  11%  [ 31 ]
Capraia - Invasion of Capraia 8%  8%  [ 23 ]
Namalsk - Outpost Namalsk 5%  5%  [ 16 ]
Kunduz - Green Zone 12%  12%  [ 34 ]
N'Ziwasogo - ChickenHawk 6%  6%  [ 18 ]
Zargabad - Iron Justice 14%  14%  [ 40 ]
Isla Duala - Fool's Gold 11%  11%  [ 31 ]
Panthera - Steel Panther 10%  10%  [ 29 ]
Chernarus - Triglav 12%  12%  [ 36 ]
Reshmaan - Operation Ursus 12%  12%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 292
24 posts in this topic
Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:37 am     Super secret spam barrier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Modding Team (1) Recruitment Team (1)
I simply detest Namalsk as a map, but I think N'ziwasogo and Capraia are interesting maps that could do with having their missions re-engineered.

Posted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am     Super secret spam barrier

Nick Seafort wrote:
I simply detest Namalsk as a map, but I think N'ziwasogo and Capraia are interesting maps that could do with having their missions re-engineered.
+1

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:53 am     Super secret spam barrier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Other duties:
Mission Creator

Ribbons:
Leadership (1)
My opinions on missions:

- Podagorsk - The Mannerheim Line - overall good map except the enemy can see through foliage. This fact sometimes makes engagements frustrating.
- Zargabad - Iron Justice - overall good map, nothing to add. I like it as is.
- Kunduz - Green Zone - I would like to see more enemy around. Sometimes "look for a box" objectives can take a lot of time.
- Isla Duala - Fool's Gold - good map. Falls into "look for a box" objectives category. Personally i would like "gold song" to be back when you complete the objective.
- N'Ziwasogo - ChickenHawk - Nice jungle ambience map.  With the objective added to the map ppl have something to do instead of roaming around and clearing sectors. As mentioned by others main FOB is too far away and LCU is too slow. Only map i enjoy running with ironsights.

- Chernarus - Triglav - Nice map, getting to AO through the minefields will take some time.

- Takistan - Hearts & Minds - i would like IED threat to be lowered. Possible increase number of contacts.
- Reshmaan - Operation Ursus - nothing to add, overall good map.

- Capraia - Invasion of Capraia - roaming around and clearing sectors type of map, i don't like it. I avoid playing on this map.
- Namalsk - Outpost Namalsk - same as above
- BystricaCopper - Valley - looking for those antennas can be very boring, i avoid playing on this map.

P.S.
- Altis map - not in rotation now - it was good overall.
- Red Vanguard - i liked how the ai send reinforcements. It send a lot of them, sometimes we have to fall back to regroup, replenish our loses and strike again. On this map Air support was quite handy compared to other maps.
- personally i don't like winter maps so Snow Leopard and Sleighbells are no go for me.

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 12:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Pretty much what Mastero said as well. However, I detest the winter maps, they just aren't enjoyable maps in my opinion =/

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Mission Creator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1)
Is a Tanoa based mission a possibility for the public? Just out of interest.

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:39 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Training Instructor

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Modding Team (1)
I'd like to try an insurgency style tvt too would need to be carefully balanced but could be very challenging if played well

Posted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Other duties:
Mission Creator
Modder
Mission Creator
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Kodak Commander (1) Leadership (1)
Dwayne wrote:

As the public server is designed to be as accessible as possible, I'd say no to a Tanoa mission simply because it limits the number of people that could play on the server for up to a week.

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 1:11 am     Super secret spam barrier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Other duties:
Mission Creator
Media Manager
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Donator (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1)
MrBagel wrote:
Dwayne wrote:

As the public server is designed to be as accessible as possible, I'd say no to a Tanoa mission simply because it limits the number of people that could play on the server for up to a week.

We will touch base on a new mission idea within the next couple of weeks. I wouldn't rule it out completely. Once we have an idea on the current rotation i.e. What we can fix to improve play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PC SPECS

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:41 am     Super secret spam barrier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Other duties:

Stealing Mastero list and adding my own thoughts:

- Podagorsk - The Mannerheim Line - Maybe a chance for a few more objectives past the line? Do enjoy once you've taken the objective you need to dig in.
- Zargabad - Iron Justice - Indifferent with this one. Heard a few people complaining about the AI not working and server constantly needing to be restarted.
- Kunduz - Green Zone - Brilliant map. Love the constant IED threat which slows the pacing down. Does need more enemy though.
- Isla Duala - Fool's Gold - Also indifferent with this one.
- N'Ziwasogo - ChickenHawk - Useless without a Whiskey. The map is way to large and some of the birds need culling.
- Chernarus - Triglav - Best map. Hugely varied terrain and objectives makes this interesting. 

- Takistan - Hearts & Minds - Another brilliant map. Different play style just works.
- Reshmaan - Operation Ursus -Not really played this one as much. 

- Capraia - Invasion of Capraia - Dislike this one a lot. Always ends with the entire troop in the NE corner shooting down the reinforcements which gets very boring, till one heli lands on your head.
- Namalsk - Outpost Namalsk - Love this map. The mixture of winding mountain roads, dense forest and open tundra make every firefight different.

- BystricaCopper - Valley - Good map, needs more varied objectives though. Armour on this map is unforgiving sometimes. 

- Snow Maps - Absolutely detest them. The missions are good and well made, but just hate the effects, the shivering, the stupidly low view distance most of the time. 

Altis though? Would there be a chance we could make a mission for that? 

Posted: Sun May 07, 2017 10:03 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Capraia, Namalsk: (* spent 15 minutes thinking how miserable they are and failed to write constructive critique. And currently they both are FUBAR!)

N'Ziwasogo - ChickenHawk: Good map, Good misson. But too much downtime due distances. Give us a full featured cargo plane, this will fix a lot of logistics issues.

Winter maps. The weather is getting too much front of the action. I tend to tolerate these maps one day max.
And on special complain about the weather

REMOVE THE SHIVERING EFFECT!
(and yes I'll use huge red capital letters)
It's isn't even cold out there! (- 10 to +5 °C) I'll will tell what is cold. Cold is when there is a couple days of mild -1 to +3 °C and after rainy day temperature dives down to -20 to -25 °C over one night. Cold is when a half troop tent freezes up into solid lump of ice. Cold is when you have to maintain in your sentry position for 1 to 3 hours in these conditions. Cold is when you have to withstand these conditions for 2 weeks technically spending whole time outside. Cold isn't when there is mild -5 to +5 °C and having competent winter gear. Well, after few days in my training camp I was perfectly comfortable in -15 to -25 °C and didn't feel cold at all. Maybe because I'm a fin and I had the best winter combat gear that there is. Personally I use windproof smock (based on BAF model) as my winter outfit and if I need more, I add more layers. Perfectly fine for up to -10 C and ~30 minute bicycle trip to work.
It's really annoying when I'm hovering with a helo and suddenly thinks starts to rattle and I'm like FTW?!? vortex ring state ?!? and of course I have to react into it.
It's jus absurd, But more absurd is;
Panthera is a Mediterranean Island with palm trees and partially desert and now its, Lappland?

Other maps: I may have some minor gripes but they work and I think they are suitable for continuous public action, which should be fluid, dynamic and not so role depending.

Current average is ~15 points (when this was posted) And I already see the pattern.

Last edited by arf on Sun May 07, 2017 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

+ New Topic + Post Reply