Suppression

61 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:25 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
So now all we need to do to move quickly is shoot at each other....? What's.

Nice work Lifetap at al. This is a really good improvement.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
B. Gregory wrote:
I'm pretty sure I was one of them? I experienced this and was very confused at what was happening lol. I love the improvements made to the suppression as to a week or so I found it very ... "odd" it now seems a great part of playing and fits in very well

I can assure you, you were not.  The two guinee pigs, of whom I was one, were fully aware of the test as we had to install an alternate pbo.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 1:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier

^^ also had the same the other day

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Got hit 3 out of 4 times by IED's which those 3 time I was suppressed and injured.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Monsieur_Taz wrote:
I'm not sure if it's meant to work like this, but during the public op last night I was being suppressed through building walls, like severely suppressed, by small arms. But when an RPG landed next to me I didn't suffer any suppression effects?

Without knowing which building, which small arms, your exact position and stance, its not possible to give a precise answer.  However, I can give some pointers.  Suppression will effect you in a building from small arms under two conditions.  Firstly you are near an opening (window or door), the distance is a factor.  Also some buildings are a little "odd" in A3, and do not give much if any cover from damage.  This would also be true of suppression.

As for the RPG, again position, fliught path etc are all crucial in determining the suppression effect.  If the RPG exploded near you, but you were within cover, especially if prone, then the effect would be far less.  

Remember suppresion is not boolean.  It builds with the weight of fire.  The whole idea is to make you keep your head down when under a sustained attack.  The best example so far is in Mag's video from last Sunday's Op. Even when under a sustained attack he managed his suppresison very well.  By staying behind cover, and only exposing himself occassionally he only had light suppresion for the majority of the fight.  You only notice it when you become moderately suppressed and your vision blurs etc.  It's entirely possible to think you have not been suppressed, but actually have been, just lightly.  We tested this extensively.

Posted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Sure it’s well known but even brick buildings give next to 0 actual protection from small arms. Might have been getting some penetration causing the effect.

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:29 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
1. I've not experienced the CQB issue.  The vision effects are fairly light, even when fully suppressed, and I've always been able to fight through the suppression, given that being at close range the AI presents such a large target.  But also remember, this is definitely not meant to be CSGO/COD.  If you're solo clearing one on one with AI, then just personally I think you should have a 50;50 chance.  At that range its really just luck who fires first.  

2. Unfortunately it is far more difficult than you might expect to determine the type of vehicle.  The suppression currently does distingush between a fully enclosed armoured vehcile like the bulldog and something like a WMIK.  Perhaps there is a bug. What was firing at you in the Bulldog, and how much suppresion did you experience?  There should still be a little supression from small arms, even inside an armoured vehcile.  Hiting an armour target with small arms is a legit method of reducing its effectiveness.  You force the crew to button up, and also damage comms and vision equipment that is more fragile.  Also, even MRAPs can be vulberable to 7.62.

3. The mortar issue is a know bug.  It's actually an issue with the mortars not the suppression. The suppression picks up when the round as it hits the ground, but the engine seems to take seveal seconds (in MP ?) to detonate the shell.

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Hey Everyone

Just wanted to check in with how people feel about the amount of weapon sway and suppression on the public server?

Being at super close ranges and being suppressed messes up with activities such as breaching compounds alot of people have noticed.

So does anyone else have any issues they've noticed?

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:10 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
've really grown to enjoy the suppression mod. Especially for conventional land fighting and FIBUA. The one problem area it has is CQB/C. At times you can't withdraw and take cover like you would in a FIBUA external fight, or terrain fight. So you end up shooting at blobs as you fight through, or have to expose the heck out of yourself with a withdrawal. 

Overall though, the hindrances are worth it so far. I'd have to get a lot more CQC time in under heavy internal contact to say more.

Hearts and Minds is a wonderful name for a teen romance novel, but I’ve always thought it to be a poor name for a counterinsurgency concept.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:17 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
AFAIK the public server is running no different settings for weapon away and suppression than the private servers, at least I hope not as the public should give as representative an experience of 3CB private as possible on a server which runs 24hrs in my opinion.

I've spent a good chunk of the past week or two zeusing on the server and I've heard no negative comments about these things although in Zeus it's entirely possible I've missed them.

Personally I have zero issues with them on either the public or private ops. 

+ New Topic + Post Reply