Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
7 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)

slotlist.info - does it make sense?

hello,

by accident i've found that site, its an eventsite/manager for arma. it just uses the steam api for login, single sign on without creating a new account and get emailspammed.

maybe it is usefull for public events to advertise. dunno if mefirst still advertise it on armaworld e.g.

what you think about?
useful for advertising or bloatrubbish and unnesscary?

i didnt tested how practically it is.

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
After looking  into it, I don't think it is something we should actively follow. 

We do not let  public people slot in for specific slots in most  events and just having a mission schedules on their google calendar will most likely bring nobody to the event. Social Media is more effective and in the end we also want people to join our community here. 

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:02 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Zeus Operations (1) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
How much effort is actually required to just post our public OP calendar on it though? It couldn't hurt to have another sign post to us surely?

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
- George Carlin

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
i can ask if its possible to kind of automaticly put the event automaticly on their calender. the disclaimer still says, it is wip.

Posted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
In the end you just add another layer to something that should be kept relatively tight. In the end everyone and everything can take dates from our forums and put them into some calendar. But to me this is just puffing air into a pretty useless space in this case. 

It sounds a bit rough, but in the end it is advertising into a"empty space". We will not gain anything from it. 

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
thats a valid argument. i dont know about their hits/usage or whatever.
i think its kind of a arma legacy problem before steam, ppl created their forums/hubs, then steam appeared in the armaverse and got there a hub too and in the end the community is kind of splitted into small parts, scattered around the web. that's my perception of armas community. maybe thats because i went into arma, when hype was over. most of you are dedicated players, playing arma since ages and know everything. im in a kind of pursuit to get that knowledge/expierence. but in the end im more casual. i was addicted in the beginning, played 600-700hours on a vanilla coop public server until i reached the point where i should get something else. i discovered that where are mods and something happened. the pursuit started there. as a noob outside of the armaverse, it was kind of hard to get into stuff. maybe im to dumb to get proper informations or i was just out of luck at that moment. somehow i managed to find this community and was very happy about it. i've met some italians e.g. that are kind of into milsim, but are not dedicated enough to get into contact with communites. they mostly looked into the arma vanilla serverbrowser and tried to find some modserver with ace3. when they found the brigade13 public server, they played 24/7 on there.

in the rbtv event i played yesterday, i asked them about all those groups and other stuff. i was kind of amazed, that someone mentioned, that the russian communites somehow managed to get 100+ events on regular shedule somehow. some of the organization ppl want to get in contact with those communities and get something bigger done, as a small event.

Posted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:35 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
We had some contact with the Russia based community in the past. They are doing TvT Events and the communication (not because of language barriers) was very bad. They wanted us to use software that was not written well and would have meant a lot of unnecessary downloads for our members. Overall they were not really open to any compromises in that regard and they pretty much left mid-meeting. After that we had some some interesting "server issues". So we are not interested in taking part in anything they host. 

From a technical position +90 Player COOP Missions will become very dodgy. From a design position they also have the potential to be a incredible mess for some people that take part or for pretty much everyone involved. 

+ New Topic + Post Reply