3 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)

Stavros & Neochori

Another good night on the 3CB Arma3 public server.

A few 3CB's and a load of pubber's, many of whom had ACRE and worked well as a team.

Well done to squad leaders Nox, Zulu and J.Thomas - not always easy leading a random bunch of guys, but they did good as shown by the two towns cleared over roughly 2 hours with just 3 infantry squads of 3-5 people each.

Some funny moments, including a squad of 7 being almost completely wiped out by someone inadvertently laying a mine and then immediately stepping on it while at a rally point...beep beep BANG! and some comically complicated radio chatter "Bravo Charlie this is Alpha, in Alpha 10 moving Bravo 6, Bravo 5, Alpha 9, Alpha 8, Bravo 4, Over", masterfully dealt with by Smithy.

Server FPS became a bit of an issue. Started off at the usual 30, but went steadily down throughout the evening, ending up at something like 15 as we cleared Neochori. Almost unplayable for everyone at the end (all had the same FPS of 10-15) but we persisted until the place was taken.

Overall enjoyed it a lot and met lots of good new people who we will hopefully see again.

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:46 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Nicely done Apollo, looks like I missed some some great teamwork and alot of action :P

P.S
In regards to the server issues, I will be dealing with this soon. I have ran some tests and think I know how we can increase performance. Fear not!

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:46 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Never doubted your talent for improving our lives, oh great master of the config.

On an interesting note, I put my gpumaxframesahead and detectedframes thingy back to 1000 from 1 and didn't get any lock-ups last night.

+ New Topic + Post Reply