3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

So Bi made a Mod for their own game...

15 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:35 am     Super secret spam barrier

Benzy wrote:
whenever i'm on the pubbie server
I'm honestly not sure if you're agreeing with me here or not.

I'm all for shiney new kit, its not just a simple case of adding it to the repo, it also has to be whitelisted in all of the missions, which some poor sod has to do. Which I imagine is a fair amount of work for a weapon that will barely be used.

Also, its not really a Mod, more free DLC, and if people are that eager for something compact that is official BI why does no-one use the MX-C?

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:51 am     Super secret spam barrier

LessThanDave wrote:
Benzy wrote:

I'm all for shiney new kit, its not just a simple case of adding it to the repo, it also has to be whitelisted in all of the missions, which some poor sod has to do. Which I imagine is a fair amount of work for a weapon that will barely be used.

Also, its not really a Mod, more free DLC, and if people are that eager for something compact that is official BI why does no-one use the MX-C?
Probably because it's fictional and not on our whitelist?

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:59 am     Super secret spam barrier

Robbie wrote:
LessThanDave wrote:
Benzy wrote:

Probably because it's fictional and not on our whitelist?
It's not entirely fictional, its based on the ACR, and it is on the whitelist.

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Weapons are black-listed on the restricted arsenal. (Backpacks are another matter).
No work needs to be done when a new Blufor gun/ammo is added thankfully (to all but Scofer's Opfor mission).

MX-C is a NATO weapon and is available for use on the public server. Playing with a variety of toys often clashes with playing as part of a team - but room for both depending on circumstance I'd hope.

Now that we're using Arma3Sync with it's stability and fast downloads, and are able to control our update process, adding new mods to the list seems less of an issue than it did with PwS. So Serjames is taking on board member requests for mods, looking at functionality, quality, variety, popularity and gradually introducing new stuff for us to play with while trying not to bloat with things that might get used once and then discarded. You've recently seen the MELB and FAL added, plus a couple of new maps...exciting times ahead.

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:39 pm     Super secret spam barrier

We are a British Unit and as such should only use the Brown Bess. Marksmen can have the Baker Rifle

+ New Topic + Post Reply