3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Tanoa on Dev Branch ( a what do you think of it thread )

55 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Mods shouldn't affect it at all if you have a completely different folder for your mods which, ideally, you should. Preferably on a different drive to increase loading performance. (Correct me if I'm wrong :p )

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:05 pm     Super secret spam barrier

reV wrote:
i tried to have a copy of dev branch in an extra folder...
turns out it cat run apex because ist didnt work because of it said i did not buy the dlc (but i did) on the copied version...

a3sync shouldnt be the problem, might work with the profiles on a3sync and if not, its easy to switch the executables...
That is my understanding. A3sync will use the profiles of whatever instance of arma you tell it to use.

Posted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Site Admin
Server Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
reV wrote:
a3sync shouldnt be the problem, might work with the profiles on a3sync and if not, its easy to switch the executables...
iam at home now and did a quick test, a3sync profiles do not have seperate settings for launch options....
but as said earlier, its quick and easy to just switch a3s to another executebale...

i didnt test it on actual dev branch but on the 1.60 dev branch you cant run arma3.exe from a3sync.
it would just start the launcher...
i worked around that problem by pointing a3s to arma3battleeye.exe and add "0 0" to additional parameters on launch options tab

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:43 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Recruit Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Frag of the match (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
I installed Apex but had to uninstall to play on the 3CB server.  I found this alternative on steam forums:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/357288572135234914/

After a few issues now have access to 1.60 as well as the new Apex on 1.62.  I had a few problems setting up Game Updater and installing the copy of Arma 3 development.  I kept getting an error and the installation would stop but I kept restarting it and eventually got it done .  Then I had to download  and install Apex for the development branch. Using different folders for essentially two versions of the game I now use the main launcher for Apex and Arma 3 Sync for the older 1.60 version. Seems to work but is a big download.  I am sure those with more knowledge than me can probably work around it. 

Cheers
Ney88

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:01 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Recruit Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Frag of the match (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
I installed Apex but had to uninstall to play on the3CB server.  I found an  alternativemethod on steam forums.

After a few issues I got it sorted and now have access to Apex.  I had a few problems setting up Game Updater and installing the copy of Arma 3 development.  I kept getting an error message and theinstallation would stop, but I kept restarting it and eventually it got done.  I then had to download Apex forthe development branch version.

Using different folders for essentially two versionsof the game I now use the main launcher for Apex and Arma 3 Sync for the older 1.60 version.  Seems to work OK with both, but it is a big download.  However, I am sure there are those more knowledgeable who could find a workaround.

Cheers Ney88

Link is:-https://steamcommunity.com/app/107410/discussions/0/357288572135234914/ p.s. sorry for duplicate post but font went funny.

p.s. sorry for duplicate post but font went funny.

+ New Topic + Post Reply