1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
Quote:
I agree you really have to take it slow and the new shot sounds with the echo and roll off are great, close in it's tough to immediately identify where shots are coming from and I'm seeing huge opportunities to work in formations and get some solid teamwork going, cover patterns, directed fire, large amounts of CAS including gun runs or orbiting birds with miniguns, and I can seriously see 40mm becoming standard issue for jungle treks!

I look forward to the chaos of our first jungle TvT during a monsoon. 

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
So far slow and steady wins the race in the jungle.  Its gonna be a tough environment to fight in and I hope this isn't taken as criticism but I do hope this will make the missions makers reduce the number of objectives we have to achieve in an evening.  I can see us being able to keep most of the troop alive if we take ops carefully. 

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
Benzy wrote:
There's some really cool ruins and random areas all over the map, i love the little parts they have put in but not drawn a lot of attention to, lots of places that would be amazing for missions deep in certain areas of the forest.

Yea definitely. Some of the temples are very cool. Few of the more picturesque spots I stumbled across last night. 

Posted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Wow good finds guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:33 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Loving Tanoa so far. Couple annoyances, like the tree's in the dense jungles being invincible, but other than that, it's brill.

Loving the wrecks too. Gets s**t scary at night, can't see a thing, even with NVG's.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Kodak Commander (1) Zeus Operations (3)
Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (4)
Played through the campaign solo, thought it was pretty good story-wise, makes more sense if you play the original campaign. It was quite an interesting starting point, a criminal gang gaining power after a natural disaster, but felt it was a missed opportunity in some ways. The reveal of "Keystone" was no big shock, the ending felt too easy story wise and there could have been a more interesting conclusion. There was one obvious plot hole, where a character who dies in the original campaign makes a miraculous recovery for apex ;P Also there were some errors with voices, were a character had a voice actor, but used the default Arma radio callouts, so had a completely different voice at times and there was a particularly repetitive section voice wise where lines were repeated over and over.

I found it difficult at first, but part of that was due to the close quarters nature of the terrain, that takes some getting used to. However some of the problems stemmed from other issues. To keep it spoiler free, the second type of enemies you encounter take faaaarrr too many shots to kill, whereas I found myself getting killed in one shot annoyingly frequently. Although the way the campaign is set up means you can just respawn and slowly chip away at the enemies. This just seems wrong to me, and I much preferred the original save and load system.

Overall I felt it was a decent way to showcase some of the new terrain, it seems like a quick and easy way to have some solid coop fun, but not much more than that, and I felt there could have been a more complex storyline.

Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:43 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1)
They seem to have fixed silenced/suppressed weapons too - On the other Arma games I have played, as soon as I fire a shot, every man and his dog has known exactly where I was, no matter how far away or well hidden (although I admit its been a while since I tested it!)
On my single foray onto Tanoa so far, I was able to pick off individuals - their comrades knew that someone had been hit and were looking but generally unable to locate me.

+ New Topic + Post Reply