3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
4 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:14 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Snipering Issues

Hi all,
 i have been playing all day on a little test map i have set up in the editor.

I would like to maybe try another position when i play on the public server. I played around with mortar's and couldn't get that right either.

I have thought of maybe recee, but i am having issues with that too!

I have created this short video (4 minutes) showing the issue i am having. Can someone please tell me what i am missing. I think it is something to do with correcting for wind. But i dont understand the R & L on the ATragMX. I know it is left and right but that dial is up and down so which is which? is R - and L +?

Anyway, any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Mission Designer (1) Public Regular (1)
R is + and L is - .. think of it as a number line if you're at 0 and you go to -1 you've moved left. If you go to +1 you've moved right. Also make sure the rifle is set up in AtragMX correctly.

Quote:
Zero range             200Weapon                  L135Ammo              UK3CB_BAF_127_10Rnd

Bore (cm)               3.81
Bullet Weight (grams)   42
Bullet Diameter (cm)    1.29
C1 Coefficient         0.670
Rifle Twist (cm / trn)  38.1
Muzzle velocity (m/s)   887
(Taken from a post Guipo made in the ATragMX Profiles topic. Make sure the gun is set up like that. Don't know exactly how much this effects your accuracy but worth setting it up correctly anyway.)

The video @Monsieur_Taz posted is pretty definitive though. If you follow that you should be good :) 

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Thanks guys.

Just had a play after watching that long video and i managed to get it (near enough). I was lucky to have no wind showing on me but there was a crosswind down across the valley. I managed to get a few lucky shots after the first shot. Correcting slight right with the crosshair. I then thought that maybe if instead of going -0.3 on the scope i go +0.3. Hey presto, headshot.

After some more practising i maybe able to join Recee. I think if i have an expereinced spotter with me and tell me what to move the dials to i could get the shots LOL :). But i wouldn't want to do the easy part i would love to learn.

As i have said before, i would love to join 3CB and get the official training but RL just prevents me from allocating the time. I am lucky this week as i am off work with the kids, but evenings i struggle.

Burbonizer

Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:53 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Thanks Monsieur_Taz,
 I was aware that recce doesn't really ever engage in the fight but wanted to be ready in case a call was made for recce to take action on a target.

I am just looking for a role that i can be good at. So far i have tried FTL (sucked at that), nearly got my squad killed in the space of 5 minutes by getting under fire and had no where to retreat. Reddog took over and got us all out. All the radio communications can be quite hard to adapt to also.

Cannot fly, i have tried so hard and just cannot do it.

You all may notice that i always take either LMG or GMPG, but when the public ops are on i seem to miss the chance to take those slots. So was looking for something else i can help with. Don't want to be medic as ACE is quite new to me (about 100 hours logged using it out of my 873 logged in ARMA3) and it would just end badly.

I dont do too bad at being an engineer that can repair vehicles available to sections if required so i sometimes take that. Not had ANY experience with Explosives though, so again could go badly.

That all being said, with 873 hours in ARMA3 i feel like a n00b around you guys. You all seem to have every part nailed. From taking medic to a marksman. I just want to find my little area i suppose, i have always been just a grunt that went in CQB and got the area cleared. More practise on my editor maps will help but i know they are not setup like your maps (ALiVE, ballistics and all other ACE3 modules). I have logged all these hours playing with friends on CTI and Liberation maps, which took hours / days to complete. Stepping up the difficulty to stupid to make it more interesting. I lost most of their attention when i started to introduce things like ACE, VCOM AI or even ALiVE. They just didnt like it. The only thing they kind of accepted (they said it ruined the social element of a Friday night gaming session) was TFAR. I loved it but they didn't.

The more i engage with you lot the more i learn. So thanks for all the help and sorry for being so n00bish.

Burbonizer

+ New Topic + Post Reply