6 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:41 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Advanced Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Retired (1) Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (1)
Mission Designer (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)

New WWII game

Check this out guys: http://store.steampowered.com/app/736220/Post_Scriptum/ What are your thoughts?

Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
I am a bit salty that they try to sell it as a standalone and not as a addon for squad. This might be a thing that could divide the playerbase. But if they just stay on the same level as Squad and do it WW2 style, I will be a happy man. 

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:26 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
That would be like saying that that all source engine based games are addons to Quake for example.

I'd expect the player base will be divided by whether they want to play or not. What are you going to do otherwise? Insist they only play one title?

For me the interest in the game is how accurate the maps are, the fact they've focussed NOT on the yanks for a change. My concern however is that it's basically a pretty "twitch" shooter that will end up with ahistorical gameplay. Plus I'm not sure how it will work with low numbers. 

But I will wait and see how it goes on release.

Posted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:17 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Reddog wrote:
That would be like saying that that all source engine based games are addons to Quake for example.

I'd expect the player base will be divided by whether they want to play or not. What are you going to do otherwise? Insist they only play one title?

For me the interest in the game is how accurate the maps are, the fact they've focussed NOT on the yanks for a change. My concern however is that it's basically a pretty "twitch" shooter that will end up with ahistorical gameplay. Plus I'm not sure how it will work with low numbers. 

But I will wait and see how it goes on release.

Have you played Squad? Since you are afraid it is going to be a "twitch shooter" I guess you have not played Squad yet.

It goes a bit further than using the same engine, which in this case would be UE4. But Post Scriptum started as a mod for Squad. It has not evolved a bit, but it is using the same code, shares assets and is also using the same (new) animation and other things like some gameplay mechanics. 

The maps will not be "historically" correct. They will be somewhat authentic, which should no be confused with historically correct. They are also going in the same direction as squad. There are some realism aspects of it, but at the end of the day they are trying ti make a game that is also balanced and is easy to grasp but hard to master. 

Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Advanced Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Retired (1) Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (1)
Mission Designer (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
I have had squad since it's release but never played it. Mefirst is it any good?

Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Looking at what some YouTubers have out out on this it looks quite good. Obviously it's only in alpha stage so a lot can change but I think i may be picking this one up...

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

+ New Topic + Post Reply