1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
"section" ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:38 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
23 minutes

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:56 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
We had some good and some bad times yesterday. I checked my time played in steam and I am surprised that I managed to play 8 hours yesterday. I guess that speaks for the game and how fun it can be. The first thing you should not forget when you take a look at this game, is that it is still in alpha. There is a lot of content that is still missing and of course a fair ammount if bugs. Some of these bugs are just small, but others are pretty annoying, Right now you can expect servers to crash completly massive ammounts of players getting a disconnect. The second most annoying bug is that people you revived get teleported a few meters away from their original position. As a result you can get teleported out of safe cover directly to the wrong side of that cover and in the enemy fire, Beside that you can find smaller bugs like invisible weapons etc.

Grahpic wise, the game can look pretty good and sometimes a a bit ugly. Especially the third person animations can appear a bit dull. A lot of people right nor are reporting perfomance issues. This can be expected when you release a game for a much broader audience with different combinations of hardware. The game runs okay (between 30 - 40 frames most) times, but there are some things that seriously decrease the fps like that cotton field in one of the middle eastern maps. Clyde and myself loose like -10 frames when being in that field.

Gameplay wise it is pretty much Project Reality and that is a good thing. Combat feels good and the especially the sounds and the impact of grenades and rockets are amazing. Like PR the ammount of fun you can have in this game depends mainly on the squad you are in an how well the rest of your team is playing. In those 8 hours I experienced the complete range of very good to absolute crap squads. There were also 1-2 macthes where we as a squad were playing pretty well but the rest of the team did not.

Also dont forget that the actual release of the game is sheduled for the end of 2016 so there is plenty oftime for bugfixing, perfomance optimiziation and more content.

Here are some screenshots from yesterday:

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:45 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
Cheers Mefirst - I'll pick it up when it's available again. 

How does the pacing feel game wise - particularly the movement. Additionally is the damage similar to PR or have they tweaked it somewhat (e.g. limb damage)?

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:03 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
It feels pretty much PR like. There is no advanced damage system where it has a big effect of where you get hit (headshots still work ofc). The main difference to PR is that you as a medic you have to use a field dressing first to stop the bleeding on a player that is down. After that you can use your medic bag and revive the player. The Pacing is also pretty close to PR and reminds me a lot of the first Red Orchestra. You will spend a lot of time trying to see the enemy first and so tactics and awareness are usually more important than a quick trigger finger. Right now there are no vehicles in the game and there are a few versions of the maps which are pretty large and they would work much better with some transport avaible.

The game is avaible right now btw. A few weeks ago they they had a kind of short preoder phase for the early access on steam. Since yesterday you can grab the game for 36,99€.on steam.

Sadly the game right now does not like to be recorded with dxtory or fraps (I loose like 50% of my fps).

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:15 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Operations Coordinator
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Operation Medal (4)
Ah awesome. I'll pick up a copy tonight, though probably won't be able to have a good crack until after Xmas. 

Keen to give it a go :). A lot of faith in the dev team that they will produce a pretty solid final game.  

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Benzy wrote:
Being completely honest its really just PR with a facelift.

And thank god to do that. Gameplay wise it is of course PR with some very small changes (that actually work). They did not make the mistake Tripwire made with Red Orchestra 2. They tried to satisify their core player base, that would have been fine with a more up to date Red Orchestra, but also trying to attract players that come from Battlefield and Call of Duty and so they ended up making a game that none of these groups really loves.

+ New Topic + Post Reply