3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
21 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Elite/Star Citizen

So it looks like there'll be big updates to both games this week. Who's still interested in a 3CB anti space piracy wing?

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Elite horizons looks awesome

Leon 3CB

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Yeah gutted its was still £30 but I couldn't resist

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Star Citizen just passed the $100 million funding mark.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Doesnt keep people from shoveling money at them.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier

It looks more promising than elite I think. And apparently the update cane out at the weekend

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
I have not played elite in months. The issue I had and still have is the following:

You have a enormous galaxy with countless systems, planets, stations asteroid fields, wormholes etc. But there is not much to do at all. To me Elite is too big for it's own good. Meeting other players outside the major stations can often be very rare and I think the game world should be way smaller, more centered and interesting.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
meh elite made a bad design decisions and is not a 'do whatever you want' game .. its more a 'do one of there 3.5 options game'

you can trade 'haul stuff from a to b with a profit 

you can shoot at stuff, kill npc's  and or do mission for some money

you can 'exlore the universe', go to a place where 'noone was before' scann the sytem and bring that scandata back to 'humanity' for profit 

,5 you can shoot other players in arenas .. thats more like call of duty in space

with the new update they added 'planets' that you can explore and find stuff there for profit 

... elite was designt around a peer to peer 32 player instanced system .... for that 'design decision' there cant be more then 32 players 'in a system' and that 'system' is even limited to your 'imediate facinity' ... 

so unless your in a wing with your friends its kinda hard to play together with them and even then its like the old COD p2p partys when there is 1 'bad ping' player it lags the connection for everyone =/

i was hopeing for 'big fights in the universe' but you cant play against more then 31 'other players' =(

i was hopeing for 'big fleets' ... but you cant have fleets bigger then 5 players ... =/

i was hopeing to 'get possesion of a part of the universe ( a space station ) .. but you cant own a space station 

i was hopeing to 'employ some miners and build spaceships / weapons ' ... but you cant manufacture items / you cant even 'transfer' items ... 

i was hopeing to basicly for an eve-online where you can sit in the cockpit ... what i got was MS flighsimulator in space =(

so if you all up for 'social interaction, and working with / against people' elite is not designt to do that ... 

if you want to fly arround in space with a nice looking grafix engine and gaze upon stars with your VR headset ... elite is a nice demo

cheers moeses 

ps: i played eve way to long and hoped elite would implement some of the mechanics, but it didnt =(

pps : this is what i did in eve .. i'm in 3 of the scenes and part of bigger communities ... and that 'community' is due to the 32 player limit' in the same system and 5 in the fleet just not existing and not possible in elite =/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdfFnTt2UT0

ppps; and StarCitizen will be the biggest internet scamm ever, he just cant deliver the own created hype, but thats a 'IMAO'

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (1) Donator (1)
Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Operation Medal (4)
I'll probably end up buying it, but only when it gets a proper release. I'm not into this early access thing.

My YouTube Channel
All my content is available with the CC BY 4.0 license.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I've been stung by early access in the past. But this was just too tempting. Even the tiny amount if content I've had access to is spectacular!

ImageImage

+ New Topic + Post Reply