Recruitment Manager
Game Admin
Site Admin
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Modder
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Training Team (1) Retired (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Leadership (2) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Now, before i start you have to remember two things, first one of my dogs is called Bruno and second Ubisoft do not always give the best customer service. The following is the support ticket i sent to them and the response i got.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemiuk3CB 3/10/2016 5:01:56 PM   Activation Key / Redeem Code: XXXXXX

Hi, I played both open and closed beta, the beta key was from an Nvidia
promotion and now when i try to enter my key for the hazmat gear set on
http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/ga ... index.aspx it says
that the key is invalid. I can only think that it is doing this as i
already had the closed beta code from Nvidia and now it thinks i am
trying to enter another beta code.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spoiler

I think my dog is not telling me something.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:49 am     Super secret spam barrier

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:35 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
I think this is what you wanted ;)

Posted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:37 am     Super secret spam barrier

Did it not gif, bloody phone. 

Cheers nick.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:12 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Meh.

The real issues ot the Division is the lacking end game content and the broken dark zone mechanics. The missions and side missions itself are fine and as for most MMO's it is better to ignore the story and most of the major characters. The only MMO where I felt like the story was actually worth following was Guild Wars I (Nightfall and Eye of the North) and II. Which is a bit of a shame because the Division has a game world that itself is pretty well made and crappy New York looks pretty convincing. The characters are a mix of tom clancy flat and stereotypical and mmo flat.

My major issues lies in the combination of the lack of endgame content, the pricing of the game and the devs being very s**t at keeping their own game together.

The game costs 59€ in germany and the season pass 39€ and so you would end up paying 100€ for both. I only got the division because I got is for 20€ and I am really glad I didnt pay more for it. The campaign itself is alright, especially when you play it with 1-3 friends together. The issue lies in the lack of endgame content. After level 30 all you can do is to basically replay story missions on a harder difficulty. As a reward you get a high level currency which can be used to buy high end gear and crafting materials. The bosses in those missions also drop better gear. But what do you need the better gear really for? There is nothing new or that challenging where you really need better gear. Right now you just need high end gear to being able to finish challenge missions fast enough that you dont loose too much time grinding phoenix credits (high end gear) for more better gear.

The concept of the dark zone is sadly broken and the curiosity is that is far more broken after you turn level 30. Before you turn lvl 30 the dark zone is divided into levelcapped areas like level 12- 16. This is a good thing because after you reach level 10 the weapon damage will increase a lot until you reach level 30. In the dark zone you will encounter stronger enemies and all the items that dropped must be brought to a extraction point where you have to call a helicopter that takes about 2 minutes to get to you. The idea behind this was that other players will fight around those positions and steal the drops of other people. The issue is the following.

Going "rouge" aka attacking other players is not worthwhile. The dark zone has it's own experience and it's own currency. You can use that to open chests in the dark zone (which are dark zone levelcapped) and buy gear from dark zone vendors. When you die in the dark zone you will loose dark zone xp and credits. As soon as you go rouge a bounty is on your head for a specific ammount of time. If you kill more players that bounty will increase. If you die or ither players take ou out, you will loose a lot xp and credits. If you take down a rouge player, these players will earn a good chunk of dark zone xp. As far as I know you also do not loose any dark zone XP if you get killed by a rouge player. You will just loose all the dark zone items you had in your inventory and in theory you can get them back if you manage to take down the rouge guy fast enough after respawn.

So right now the chance of loosing more than you can gain by going rouge is almost guaranteed. The only "good chance" is if you see a single player on a extract with nobody around and you can stab him in the back seconds before the extract arrives. After that you have can at least extract his stuff for yourself and then you can try to hide/run away until your rouge timer is down. Hiding is not easy because you are marked with a giant red skull on the map and on the hud if you are close enough. The issue here is that the gear that drops in the dark zone is usually not that great.

The second issue is the way you actually go rouge. You do it by doingenough (I think 10% of the total health) of the player you are hitting. This can often happen by accident if somebody runs into your fire that is not in your group. Players in your group cant take friendly fire (exept for grenades) and the maximum ammount of players for a group is four at the moment. It is obvious that some players figured out it is easy to walk around in a group and "accidently" run into the fire of another player. This players is marked as rouge and can be killed without any problems, the group gets a XP bonus and drops the player had in his inventory.

This leads to a situation where especially after level 30 (where players get their own large dark zone) will usually never go rouge unless it is a accident or just people trolling/cheating.

Cheating and exploiting is another thing. When the first cheats got reported the developers denied the existence of working cheats for the game. After more people uploaded evidence they had to acknowledge that at least, but there is yet no solution fix for that. The same goes for exploits which are pretty hilarious. In the normal game world you can also find some small bosses which also drop phoenix credits and possible high end gear. These bosses are very often linked to a mob that spawns with it.If you kill the boss but not the entire mot its linked to and you let yourself get killed, you can respawn and the boss will respawn too. One of these exploits was found out relatively early and it could be used to get 1-3 phoenix credits in 30-60 seconds. They acknowledged the first exploit and said that they wont punish players who used it. I thibk they fixed this one but people already found about two similar exploits. There is also a current bug that makes people unable to login/olay the game if they have a certain high end backpack. They havnt fixed this bug for over a week now.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:17 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Recruitment Team (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Mefirst wrote:
The only MMO where I felt like the story was actually worth following was Guild Wars I (Nightfall and Eye of the North) and II.

Shame GW2 gameplay felt pants as a tank main :/

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:23 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Mh I think I should reinstall Guild Wars 2

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:11 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Game Admin
Site Admin
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Modder
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Training Team (1) Retired (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Leadership (2) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
I have to agree with both Benzy's video and Mefirst's comments. The end game is terrible, leveling and going through the story was fun the first time, the second time i just skipped bits to level up to 30. The game has a lot of promise, but so do most games these days.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Each to their own. I like the game

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

+ New Topic + Post Reply