+ New Topic + Post Reply
36 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1)

Battlefield 1

Battlefield set in WW1, thoughts?

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Seems dice are trying everything possible to kill the franchise. Even compared to hardline this will suck

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 8:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1)
Agreed, I found BF3 enjoyable, but that was at a push for like a few hours every so often. I mean the concept for having a WW1 game I like, but not the arcadey type of stuff.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
looks good but can they deliver ie after BF4 rushed and cowboyed release will there be problems with this, i love the thought of world war 1 because there arent many ww1 shooter out there

"Daddy dont hit mummy, Daddy dont hit mummy"

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier

With good reason, I've been in some of those trenches, they won't make for particularly interesting infantry gameplay. The vehicle sections look ok, but if they try to Hollywood the frankly horrific infantry aspect I think it'll run the risk of being disrespectful.

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 9:43 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1)
LessThanDave wrote:
With good reason, I've been in some of those trenches, they won't make for particularly interesting infantry gameplay. The vehicle sections look ok, but if they try to Hollywood the frankly horrific infantry aspect I think it'll run the risk of being disrespectful.

I don't believe Dice would want to be disrespectful, but on EA on the other hand, don't really have any sort of conscious.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:03 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
This is not a simulation.

Battlefield has always been something like a hollywood blockbuster version of historical scenarios and I can accept that. My issues with BF4 were also not really related to the gameplay, but came from technical issues that the game had for a very long time and the usual DLC policy of EA.

I find it unlikely that the game can be a technical mess like BF4 and BF:Hardlin. About the rest, I guess we have to wait for actual gameplay. I also think that a "realistic" WW1 FPS would be pretty boring to play.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Jesus Christ what

I still kind of want it though.

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

My point is that glorification of world war 2, Vietnam, modern war, has always been done with the fundamental idea that soldiers were at least partially the masters of their fate. Rather than the whole sale slaughter of ww1, where you were made to walk slowly towards the enemy or executed by your own officers. Shell shock, chemical weapons, simulation or not the way it appears to be being portrayed seems... Wrong. Maybe it's just me but I won't be buying it

ImageImage

Posted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Quote:
My point is that glorification of world war 2, Vietnam, modern war, has always been done with the fundamental idea that soldiers were at least partially the masters of their fate.

To me this is actually more of a way of disrespecting than having a exaggerated, because to me thats disrespecting the reality. I have no issues with something fictional that is not actually pretending to be historical accurate.

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply