+ New Topic + Post Reply

Squad | 25% Off | Team-based tactical shooter

39 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:21 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Was epic those bunking down moments lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:20 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Alpha 9 is out and feels alright. It has new vehicles and some other nice things. :)

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:14 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Have you played Alpha 8? For me it was pretty good performance wise, but the tree's looked horrible and that made spotting people in those pixels really hard. It looks like the tree's look better now, but the performance is slightly lower as in the last version. Still alright on my potato pc. 

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:04 am     Super secret spam barrier

Completely agree with Dwayne, especially the part about the sluggishness of the movement, it has potential, it feels like you are literally dragging the guy to wherever you're headed. Vehicle FOV also sucks. Lots of bugs with static emplacements, such as HMG reload animation, you basically have to prone and look for the sweet spot to even enter the emplacement. And oh the pixels! Tried BTR once, went into the gunner's seat, literally can see nothing what so ever. Someone kept telling me: "Gunner shoot!", and it was so bad I could't even see the general direction of fire never mind the enemy.

"If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck."

Posted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:19 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Cant really agree.

• I had issues in the last two versions, when enemies were in the trees since they were pretty pixelated. Now they are much easier to spot for me. I think one problem is that a lot of people (not just here) are used to all the zoom functions you get in ArmA 3. You do get a slight zoom function when you are using scopes, but you do not get the rather magical zoom button. The majority of classes also do not get zoom optics like ACOGS etc. 

• Movement is a bit heavy, but I got used to it. It is not like the movement in ArmA 3 is that fluid either.

• You don't have to use the scroll menu. I use some keys to quickly access medical equipment and for switching in between weapons. With that you can select and switch between bandages and the medkit in no time. 

• I guess the biggest "issue" (if you want to call it one) is that the game is a hit or miss, depending on the people you are playing with. If you are in a bad squad, then you will not have a good time. On the other hand, it feels that the outcome of a match doesn't matter too much, if you are in squad that is decent or good. I recall quite a lot of matches where the team as a whole got wrecked, but the squad I was in did well. Sometimes you just defend a location on the map and you send out some guys to destroy a nearby rally of FOB. That feels pretty good and I am not that annoyed when we loose the match itself. 

• I personally like that you cant freely pick your kit and equipment. It basically is forcing teamplay inside squads. That is obviously not too realistic, but it works as a gameplay mechanic. 

Posted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Site Admin
Server Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Steam Free Weekend

Quote:
Hey Squaddies,

You hear that? That's the sound of reinforcements! Starting Thursday, November 9, at 10 AM PST Squad will be available for a free weekend on Steam! Now is your chance to enlist those lazy grunts you've been palling around with and get their boots on the ground. Remember to be gentle: those little sweeties have never even caught a mortar.

Even better, Squad will be 50% off during the free weekend! Knock out that lingering New Year's resolution to spend more time with your friends and save money on holiday gifts.

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:19 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Alpha V10 is out tomorrow. V10 is a pretty big step in the games development. A new animation system, new models and finally working bipods and a lot of other nice things. 

They also started to work on the British Units!

2 small WEBMS
https://gfycat.com/kindsnarlingeland
https://gfycat.com/deadacclaimedcrane

Full January 2018 Recap:
https://joinsquad.com/readArticle?articleId=250

Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Nah, those pics clearly aren't of brits. If they were, one of their mates would be in the background of the shot, pulling a silly face and flopping his todger about :P

Posted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:28 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1) Public Regular (1)
50 % off atm. its a daily deal so about 30 hours left as of now

Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
The server are overloaded as hell at the moment. So many players trying to connect. Took me like 20 minutes to get on a server that I like. I had 11 people in the waiting line in front of me. ;-)

The game feels much more fluid now and it is so much better already.

Also a bit of Gameplay in which you can see new scopes, new animations, vaulting etc.

+ New Topic + Post Reply