3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Squad | 25% Off | Team-based tactical shooter

39 posts in this topic
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:44 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
The v12 update is now in public testing. You can download the separate client over steam (Squad - Public Testing). For people interested in it that don't own the game or do not wish to download a separate, we will be offering a little Livestream later today at 16:00 (british time).

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
They also just released the trailer for the upcoming v12 update. Pretty damn nice.

Posted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:39 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
V12 is officially released. Together with the release we get a free weekend on steam and the game has a 50% discount this weekend. 

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Do we have many players? I've been giving it a try, and I've had a really mixed experience - it seems enormously sensitive to how good your squad in particular is, and your team also. In Battlefield or Arma, even if I'm surrounded by eejits (if... ;)) I can normally feel like I'm contributing and doing well, but in Squad I've had some games where I've just spent the entire game hoofing it across the map to wait for any of our AT or armour groups to deal with the one BRDM that's been parked stationary in the open and obliterating the endless Haig-esque waves of friendlies running across open terrain...

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (1)
I haven't played in awhile but I am willing to give it another go 

Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Nick Seafort wrote:
Do we have many players? I've been giving it a try, and I've had a really mixed experience - it seems enormously sensitive to how good your squad in particular is, and your team also. In Battlefield or Arma, even if I'm surrounded by eejits (if... ;)) I can normally feel like I'm contributing and doing well, but in Squad I've had some games where I've just spent the entire game hoofing it across the map to wait for any of our AT or armour groups to deal with the one BRDM that's been parked stationary in the open and obliterating the endless Haig-esque waves of friendlies running across open terrain...

Yeah the quality of the Gameplay you have is dependent of the server and the squads you get. By definition (name of the game) you can not solo in this game. In games like BF you can very well play alone and still carry the match. This is not possible in Squad. The meta of Squad is also way more complicated, but it basically also revolves around ticket loss. You basically want to do things that cost the enemy tickets, while loosing as less tickets as possible yourself. I think the game should give players more direct feedback at the end of a round for this. Because its not uncommon that 2 guys died 4 times in a BTR and brag that they got 30 kills with it. A BTR costs 15 tickets and so these people lost 60 tickets just by wrecking their vehicle (possibly dying with it and further loosing tickets). 

A while ago I made the suggestion to get a better end screen after a round is over for squads and players. I made some concept images and devs also confirmed that this is something they will do in the future. With that people will understand better how and why they lost or won games.

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I like that concept mefirst 

Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:43 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
I took the plunge and snagged it before the sale ended - I'm hopeful that some of the bad gameplay I suffered through was the result of other free-weekend eejits :P I'll probably be buried in Fallout 76 for a while, but I'll be looking to get some proper Squad play at some point :)

I appreciate your concept, Mefirst - I was suffering from exactly that difficulty of tracking my actual comparative benefit to the team!

Posted: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:59 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1) Public Regular (1)
So this week Squad is out of beta and is now released ! 
They have a promotion going untill 30 sept - 25 % off.

Anyone playing it ? 

I had it for years but only have around 50 hours, mostly joined a random squad with random players,
So now im wondering if anyone here is playing it- Would be cool to have a 3cb squad to bring freedom to the middle east xD

+ New Topic + Post Reply