3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Paradox Strategy Games, THE RETURN (Player Count)

15 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (3)
I need to spend some time on either of these games before spoiling a MP session for you guys, I have been a CIV player since Civ I so anything different takes me a while to get my head around EU looks great but I have literally spent about 3 hours with it.

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Looks like a win for EU4, unless the remaining two vote for the same thing -Victoria 2.

Guess I should buy it, unless the two remaining voters want to vote for CK2 

Edit: Changing my vote to HoI 4, since a friend bought it for me. Voted for CK2, +1 to HoI

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:47 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)
Seems like EU4 is what we will do again, although since we have done it before at the least we should do a new era of gameplay, since playing in the CK2 time period only lets us use half of the features of EU4 (we usually use extended timeline for EU4 as a mod), so it would be better to at least start later down the line, so we have to check what we will want to do looking around.

Anyone have an idea when we want to start this organized session? I propose once again Saturday or when everyone is online, but of course not everyone has the same schedule as I do.

Also for anyone wanting to play alternatives like CK2 or HoI4, we can still do them together but we should coordinate with our main game first. I also would be interested in doing a universal gameplay going from CK2 to EU4 to see what kind of world we could form, but of course it would take a very very long time to complete, so it shouldn't be our main focus for this play through.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
I was thinking maybe have two or three sessions of the game weekly, like on Friday Sat and Sunday so we can ease into it a little better as well as keeping it away from our Ops, minus sunday, where we could maybe play after the OP or a few hours before.

We can start on the coming Sunday

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Mission Designer (1)
Also I forgot there is the Paradox Interactive Sale on Humble Bundle, so if you want a new Paradox game to try out you can grab it for about 75% off or whatever its asking price.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/promo/paradoxweekend/

+ New Topic + Post Reply