Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

Server Upgrade - Downtime 5/01/13 - Update

As you may have heard, our server was experiencing some issues last night due to our host. We complained (as this wasn't the first time we've had server issues) and as a result our host has given us a free upgrade to a quad core Intel Xeon server (more powerful than an i7). This should decrease server lag significantly and we have been promised no more downtime (lets hope). The upgrade will be in progress tomorrow morning so we may experience some downtime in the process (around a couple of hours).

As always,
J

Update: I've just been told that the server upgrade will now be performed on Monday morning.

Update: The server has now been upgraded and everything seems to be running normally. I apologise for the delay, I had to reinstall the web server and the forum database as our host wasn't able to swap over the hard drive from the old machine. Anyway, its good to be back ;)

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:07 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Miskuf wrote:
Can I ask for ETA of the server? At least, is it going to be working today? :D

It should be working today, however I just checked the server and they haven't yet performed the upgrade. This was the last message they sent me (last night):

"Hello Jamie,

No problem I can wait to the morning to arrange this. I will try to keep the downtime to minimal.

Regards,
Steven Smith"

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Update: I've just been told that the server upgrade will now be performed on Monday morning.

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
Goodson wrote:

Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:18 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Update: The server has now been upgraded and everything seems to be running normally. I apologise for the delay, I had to reinstall the web server and the forum database as our host wasn't able to swap over the hard drive from the old machine. Anyway, its good to be back ;)

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

+ New Topic + Post Reply