42 posts in this topic
Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Recruit Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Team (1) Training Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Asset Medal [Air] (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
We could try to force the 3CB kit atleast on public actions, as they tend to last longer. Every SL / FTL could do a gear check for their fireteam before we roll out onto the mission.
It could be made into a rule to use 3CB kit on public actions/ops.
I'm probably going to start forcing the 3CB kit / weapons on the units under my command in public Actions / OPs.
I can totally understand taking extra AT or support weapon if the mission requires it. I can also understand taking a 7.62 gun over a 5.56 one but still you should keep the base kit normal as possible if you are a medic or an engineer. But you should ask about it from your SL / FTL.
I'm fine with changing the camo you get in the base kit from desert to MTP or from the woodland to MTP.

The weapon you use when commanding a section/fireteam should be the one you get in your kit, your main weapon is your radio so you shouldn't change the base kit that much.

(Maybe take extra AT or supplies for your MG or Medic)

If there is nothing like a public action or an OP I sometimes try other guns then the L85 just because we use them so much so it gets boring eventually.

The kit people take is not biggest problem on the public server but it sometimes takes the wind out of the sails just because someone has a special gun that can't be resupplied with the ammo crates we use.

The pilot has the responsibility to contact ground elements.
Sometimes when flying the people on the ground don't have a long range radio or don't use it at all.

It's a problem mostly with people from the public that have signed in as SL or FTL and then just dumping the radio or not knowing how to operate it.
The reason why public is not that fun is that people that sign into roles that have a specific job to fill can't do the job properly or they fail at the basic tasks they are given. I don't expect people to be professionals when they join onto the server.
But If you take a more demanding role like SL / FTL one thing you could do is to ask a 3CB member to tell you and guide you what you need to do.
(And for pilots I expect you to know how to fly and not to go and bomb the hostage inside a hangar on the other side of the map)

I can't stand getting 10. million support elements online when there is only half a section that's what kills the fun for me. (Even 2 sections is a too few people  to have an apache, mortar and a recce)

I probably had 0 to add into this conversation but I said it anyways.

(Apply Nemiuks quote about remaining silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.)

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
At least in the past Open Events that I attended we only had 3CB gear. They are basically Midweek Operations and so there is no Virtual Arsenal for people to to get anything different. Public Actions are different and basically get together sessions on the public server. This is obviously something that could be changed if we think that we have the resources to make something different work. 

I think Dobbeh said something pretty important and that is 3CB members setting an example and also communicating with other people. So when they see something weird in their section they should talk to that person first and explain why it would probably be better to take weapon X and not Y.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Media Manager
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Media Man (1) Recruiter (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Training Team (1)
Kodak Commander (1) Man of the match (1) Mission Designer (2)
Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
TvT (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Combat Medic (1)
Mefirst wrote:
At least in the past Open Events that I attended we only had 3CB gear. They are basically Midweek Operations and so there is no Virtual Arsenal for people to to get anything different. Public Actions are different and basically get together sessions on the public server. This is obviously something that could be changed if we think that we have the resources to make something different work. 

I think Dobbeh said something pretty important and that is 3CB members setting an example and also communicating with other people. So when they see something weird in their section they should talk to that person first and explain why it would probably be better to take weapon X and not Y.

Sure. Public Operations will always be much better because there is much more structure in it. Everyone loads in at the same time, so you can sort gear out etc. Normal nights where you have people constantly JIP means that section commanders cannot monitor people's loadouts. So the whole entire idea of saying, hey get 3CB gear doesn't work as you don't ever see them usually until they're in the field. 

In regards to setting the example, the majority of 3CB members who come on carry BAF kit. The example is already set. I know for a fact, as well as other regular section commanders like RevJono, that we tell people to get BAF gear as it makes it more enjoyable for everyone else and logistically easier. People still don't listen and haven't for a long time, so what is being suggested simply won't work

Quoting your original comment, "I think the server generally speaking [is] in a good place", is incorrect, given by the many members not having the motivation to play on the server due to the above reasons. Using public operations as a basis to say the server is 'good' is not really reliable, as of course, public operations are structured, in comparison to normal nights, which are not. I think the original post from Steve was talking about regular public evenings, not structured operations. The public actions have also got a lot more structured given that Troop, FAC and other roles can be signed up for. 

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:07 am     Super secret spam barrier

Nick Seafort wrote:
The comment about Russian missions is misinformed - we've had a Russian mission in the past, and it's only out of rotation because the creator has moved on and it hasn't been overhauled to work with the changes that have occurred since.
I was told that as well, but I was told "it was not a mission supported by the public team", multiple times, and hell it's in the forums somewhere.

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:26 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Recruit Trainer

Ribbons:
Maybe we could get more people in the public team to monitor the public server and to organise events. About updating missions it's not that easy. Right now there is more people playing on the public then what we have had during the summer. If I play on the public it sometimes depends on the mission thats running. People seem to prefer the open and newer maps. Missions like Mannerheim line don't get that many players. The new moonsoon map is a really good high foliage map as it uses the apex foliage system. 

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:46 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Members are free to apply to the team.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:59 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Recruit Trainer

Ribbons:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to be NCO.

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:48 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Arska wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to be NCO.

Nope, the role is open to Marine or above. What we're after is responsible people that have an interest in creating and maintaining an enjoyable environment on the public server.  

We're due a Town Hall meeting very soon (this is open to all 3CB members), so we'll add this to the agenda.

The one point I'd like to make is that the Public Server missions do not have to be static.  We can alter things on a per mission basis.  So it's entirely possible to experiment with limited or even no VA on a limited number of missions, and monitor the result. 

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:58 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Recruit Trainer

Ribbons:
Ok good to know this could be something I could get more dedicated in as I can't attend mid or sunday ops. When is the next town hall meeting? 

Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:11 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Arska wrote:
Ok good to know this could be something I could get more dedicated in as I can't attend mid or sunday ops. When is the next town hall meeting? 

We've yet to fix a date, as it's dependent on a couple of other events.  Probably in 2-3 weeks.  

+ New Topic + Post Reply