Evrik wrote:
The classnames are:

UK3CB_BAF_L129A1
UK3CB_BAF_L129A1_Grippod
UK3CB_BAF_L129A1_AFG
UK3CB_BAF_L129A1_FGrip
UK3CB_BAF_L129A1_FGrip_Bipod
UK3CB_BAF_L129A1_Bipod

The first one is the main weapon without any attachment, the rest spawn the weapon with the specific combination of attachments already attached.

Rgr, I'll add it, although it's just easier to have the standard one. 
I would prefer to have the standard one as it reduces the clutter in the arsenal. If it affecting people loading their loadouts I suppose it they should be added back.

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Much better just having the one rifle then adding attachments that u require  

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
They shouldn't appear in the arsenal. The main weapon will just appear in the arsenal. However, those classnames are blacklisted, so people with stored loadouts using any of those won't be able to load them.....see the error produced in the image. By adding them into the whitelist, it should load with the rest of the loadout.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Evrik wrote:
They shouldn't appear in the arsenal. The main weapon will just appear in the arsenal. However, those classnames are blacklisted, so people with stored loadouts using any of those won't be able to load them.....see the error produced in the image. By adding them into the whitelist, it should load with the rest of the loadout.
Ahh my misunderstanding.

Posted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Evrik wrote:
You haven't stated how they do it or provided an example. If it is suitable, it could be considered. Perhaps ask them how they do it?

i dont know anything about scripting or how it does work exactly. i can just describe it.

they got a helipad and with the ace menu its possible to get acces to the crate filler. there are all listed items/gearstuff sorted into categorized.

i'll provide screenshots of it.

thats their modcollection for their server.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =870783749

in fact ive to admit cleaning the arsenal has a good effect. no more ppl in high visible gear or shorts going into the AO. 

edit/

screenshots
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1202541291
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... 1202541159
cant find echidna on google atm. 
i will ask him if that script is aviable for the public.
thats the github site of this mission.
https://github.com/Brig13Team/Operation_Kerberos
http://brig13team.github.io/Operation_K ... evelopment
edit looks like the code is aviable under gpl v3

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:34 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
Not liking it to mutch, but i can see how ppl like it. I think the public server looses something that makes it uniqe. 
Since there was allways an interesting mix of players and players styles on the server ... 

You could see how a 'new player' allways, joins in and takes what he thinks works best for him and he knows or likes. 
And then over time he moves from a 'one man army'  to a 'group player' because he starts to understand why its beneficial do use standartised stuff and specialize on one thing in a group. 

Of course you will not see the guy sporting an russian priest with a high visiblity jacket and an AK47 anymore, but i allways dealt with that problem with a casual 'light him up, but make it look accidential' followed by a 'sorry man i thought you where an enemy, because of your gear' =) 

i also think it dosnt allow players to see and learn by themself why it is good to have standartised equipment, you just coming over as a group who thinks 'its my way or the hight way' sort if D-Bags who have to enforce your standarts onto others. 

An other point i would like to make is, that we are loosing a fair bit of individuality here, because the 'other option' isnt availible anymore. I used to recognise players on the server just by what they wear not everyone looks the same with the off change of different classes every now and then ... but that is gone how and i have to get somewhat close to the person do actualy see who it its and put the 'ace name showing thing' on him and that i an UI Hud element that i rather not use =)  .... In realty you see vastly different bodytypes and walking styles the your infrantry man so they kindof distinquishable but that does not work in arma =/

tl:dr dosnt like it because its something that the server looses

cheers moeses

ps: Elitism is the feeling or notion that oneself or their group- along with the accompanying ideals and standards- are better than another person's or group's. 

Posted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Have we implemented across all missions ?

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:02 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Nope just one so far

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:04 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Yeah just my few cents here. Also a bit of devils advocate, since some things I mention are not necessarily my own personal position on it. But I think it is important to keep that in mind since a lot of different people play on the server. 

When it comes to the multiplayer part, I have been around ArmA since ArmA 2. Back then and now it was not that easy to find a good server with mods that allowed you to somewhat play in a realistic, tactic and cooperative way. The bulk of the servers were are game modes like KOTH, Domination/Invade & Annex. The modded server with more custom missions were often pretty empty and only active during the weekend.

I think a lot of times people were and are still searching for something like this:
• Standard mods like ACE3, TFAR, RHS etc.
• Missions that are not just KOTH or invade & annex
• Most importantly a active server with people regularly playing and also active admins.

This is pretty much how I also found 3CB three years ago. I did not came to the server because I was interested in British gear. I.saw it in the browser and I saw that it was active and had mods.

I think this is something we should keep in mind. It is also worth to remember that these people are not on the forums in general. So I would not overrate the feedback we get about this from our members about this. The worst case scenario is that these people will silently leave without feedback and we end up with the public server only being used by our members. 

I personally would like to see weapons and gear being restricted by the roles you pick. So a machine gunner would not get access to marksman rifles for example. I would then suggest that players would be allowed to pick fitting gear from RHS (Blufor), Vanilla and of course 3CB Gear. The problem with that lies with the way arsenals work in ArmA 3 (whitelist). I personally dont have issues with a player using a M4 instead of a L85A2 as a medic. I think it is more problematic when a medic takes something like a LMG or GMPG. 

Posted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Which IIRC you said at the town hall. And were told that role based load outs weren't happening, again IIRC.

I don't really understand your point here:
Quote:
• Standard mods like ACE3, TFAR, RHS etc.
• Missions that are not just KOTH or invade & annex
• Most importantly a active server with people regularly playing and also active admins.

Seems that none of these points are invalidated in any way by the limited arsenal.

Tbh I don't think I've ever seen you on the public server Mefirst so I don't know if you've seen truly public players leave the server in response to the reduced arsenal. But I can tell you I have seen players quit the server instead of watching people play dress up.

+ New Topic + Post Reply