3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

night vision not bright enough

28 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:03 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
If it's overcast and raining like it was earlier on for me I couldn't see at all. I had to use night vision with my torch on for a bit of ambient light, as much as I find that this is probably more realistic it was unplayable unless we have things like IR headlights on vehicles and IR torches ,flares etc 

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:31 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Adjusted during the server restart, last night

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:33 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
i think the night vision is better than what is was yesterday but when aiming down the cqb sight in night vision it just loses all focus. 

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
From what I understand, that is how real NVGs work.  Take a look at the video that Mefirst linked.

From a mission designers perspective, the vanilla NVGs hugely unbalance game play in favour of players,  If this mod helps to readdress this balance, then it'll make night combat a lot more challenging and thus interesting, IMO.

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Lifetap wrote:
From what I understand, that is how real NVGs work.  Take a look at the video that Mefirst linked.

From a mission designers perspective, the vanilla NVGs hugely unbalance game play in favour of players,  If this mod helps to readdress this balance, then it'll make night combat a lot more challenging and thus interesting, IMO.

Yep that is pretty realistic but there are sights that work with night vision. If you have a look at our Eotech HSW sight you see it has two buttons for night vision. As far as I can tell that changes the intensity of the reticle and makes it compatible with night vision. Would be cool if we could add this to our sight or just give it a general night vision mode. :)

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
If Dyslexi's comments are to be believed, he suggests that sights are generally unworkable with NVGs due to focus issues, and hence the necessity to combine NVGs with IR lasers.

EDIT: It will certainly make for more interesting night engagements, where you can see the enemy at a distance, but have to decide on whether to close the gap and get more accurate fire, or just try and suppress at a distance through shear weight of fire.

Posted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
certainly will be interesting, i will try use my IR laser more see how it goes, i can imagine there will be a bit of blue on blue with this if we don`t use the equipment properly i.e IR strobes , IR chem lights , IR flares . the jungle will be interesting if overcast and raining with the tree canopy blocking any light from getting in . 

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:43 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I agree that these new night vision settings may be more realistic but they are terrible to play with i have left it a month now to see how things went, these new nvg's have pretty much killed off night ops on the public server, you may get one or two people stay on if its on night but the majority of players members included will not play if its set to night on the public. It may be realistic but we are playing a game and have options its not real and we have to look through the nvgs at a screen not at the world after about 30 mins of straining i get a head ache and log off if i go on night to start with. as with all our gear we need the compromise between real and reasonable game play for the public server. missions are different as they are listed as being at night at you join or not.
As for them giving ppl an advantage as it was then probably but they have had the advantage of shooting through stuff long enough we need the balance.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Really? I, and most I've talked to, think we're at the sweet spot for the configuration now. Also, the public is always quieter durine night, and while I've not been paying as much attention, I've not seen a big change in the variation.

Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Hmn not sure who you've spoken too but i am on public most nights and i would say a good 80% of the regular players on there have said they dont like them and the majority of these wont play the night missions or will only play for a shortened time, or want the time changed to daytime.
perhaps someone could put up how to change the optics to get better resolution as someone earlier said you could change this.

+ New Topic + Post Reply