1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I’m probably repeating what has been said before... But here goes.

Nice atmosphere, good frames and excellent brief

AI very sparse. And in small easily defeated fireteam strength. I solo’d a couple of objectives and found it more like exile or day z (no zombies obviously) it didn’t feel like there was a coherent enemy presence.

Loved the Ai stealing my coyote - happened twice and I had to fight for it back once with the help of a player called Alpha. Very cool

Mortar was weird. Seemed to be activated very quickly. And on target way to quickly

I presume there is a call to activate it the moment you are spotted. That needs ramdomising and with randomised timing too

Base looks a bit jury rigged. But appreciate you may not have any infrastructure to work with.

Worth mentioning the assassinate the vip has the officer like 1000m away from the objective marker.

Clear the town objectives were also hard to complete as there is no marker or indication of how far to clear

Looking forward to the next iteration:-)

Posted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Thanks SJ. The mortar is already randomised both in timing and accuracy as well as based on a sliding scale of ability due to a number of variables. I will take a look tho.

The base is cobbled together sure. Didn't want to spend a huge amount of time sorting out aesthetics if the mission doesn't work. I'm sure we can spruce it up a little. :)

The officer task has him move from the task location to another and back again. He can be intersected anywhere. Some of the other tasks will also not be pin point either so be warned lol.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:20 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Version 2 changelog

FIXED - Apache wasn't set to respawn.
CHANGED - Base layout tweaked to make it more compact
FIXED - Both logistics points now have Milan crates available
CHANGED - Mortar fire variables tweaked
FIXED- Task Framework no longer bugs out when unable to create a task and defaults to a clear area task
CHANGED - Enemy spawn in much higher numbers for clear tasks
REMOVED - UAV task until fixed.
CHANGED - AI unit minimum numbers tweaked up a little.
CHANGED - All script files rewritten into single function files.
ADDED - FAC Role

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
V2 is now live on the server.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Hi Reddog,
Spoke late last night with you to fix slight issue with missions.  Just wanted to say again that I really admire the work you have put into this OP and the ideas that you have had for missions.  Nice to see a really unique style of play and mission type.

I just wanted to list out some of the issues I found whilst playing on the public server and hopefully it will help you in the future with this mission.

Main Issues:
- New tasks not starting after one task is completed.  (To fix the server needed to be restarted)
- Tasks appearing on task tab in map menus, but icon not physically displaying on the map making tasks hard to complete and sometimes impossible to complete.

Things That May Need Attention:
- When roadblock spawned in on roadblock task it wasn't actually on the road, but beside it and facing the wrong way (not in direction of road).
- One task was to set up a radio station or something of the sort (Can't remember exactly what it was) which was great when you looked at brief of the task and it was to set up the radio with the blue logistics crate.  However I came on to server again this morning to find that we had the same named task, however the brief was to set up a medical station around a location and use the the red logistics crate.  If I had not read the brief I would have taken the wrong crate as task had the same name as task done previously that was to actually set up radio communications outpost.
- I noticed that out of all 3 logistics crates, the red crate (to be used for a medical outpost) spawns with virtually nothing in it (a few barriers and a generator) and no medical related items.

Other Generic Bugs I Have Found But May Not Be Related To Just OP Spring Step:
- Detention centre not accepting all prisoners and leaving behind half in the cage (you witnessed this last night when you came on)
- Quads engine sound remaining on even when engine is turned off.  If you enter quad again and turn engine on there is the sound of 2 quads coming out of just 1 quad (overlapping sounds)

Unfortunately due to the first 'Main Issue' the next mission in rotation has come into effect on the public server as OP Spring Step needed to be restarted after almost every task.

However, with all this said, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I had playing on OP Spring Step and I really like the ideas you have for tasks and the style in which they are played.

Catch you again soon,
Frosty :)

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Frosty. Thanks for the detailed feedback.

I'm aware of the issue today and the decision to put the next mission into rotation for now. I'm on my way home and will be trying to determine what is causing these task issues. I've fixed the bug from last night and another from this morning but there is a persistent one that is proving a pain.

Thanks for the note about the roadblock not actually blocking the road. I've seen this once in my own testing but couldn't replicate it again. I don't suppose you noted which town/grid this occurred in?

I don't think the POW and quad issues are anything to do with the mission per se. Have you experienced these once or multiple times?

The rest of the issues look easy enough to fix. I'm aware of the lack of medical items and will be expanding the options available, I just need to find suitable classnames.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Hi Reddog,

If you could send me a screenshot of the map then I should be able to pinpoint the rough location of the bugged roadblock.

As for the POW I have never before tried offloading 14 at a time so I think that may just be a generic problem and not related to Spring Step.
The quad issue I only noticed after playing on Spring Step but since mission change I haven’t really tried out the quads. I will give you feedback on this via PM over the next few days after a bit of testing on the new rotation.

All the best,
Frosty

Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Version on the server has been updated to include the MAN trucks instead of the HEMMT, and the containers have been switched to the MAN compatible ones. Additionally, I've added a MAN compatible logistics container and ground servicing container for added trucking fun. Enjoy.

+ New Topic + Post Reply