26 posts in this topic
Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 10:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Advanced Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Mission Designer (2) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
TvT (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Section leader 1-1C spawns with that little pooopy radio unable to do additional channels etc
- Yes I know there's an arsennal lol

Mortars to have a longer delay from switching Smoke to HE on Public Server. 

Perhaps bring it down a scale instead of having enemy scaling 3-1 down to 2-1 on Public server? 

Basically to try educate new players and show off the unit I need time to not be smashed by HE, flanked by 5 untis to the point we cant withdraw because we are healing. It's too overpowering so we need to knock it down by 25% in whichever way we can. OSOD is amazing and I do really rate it but for a public server it's too difficult as it stands with these settings :-)

Mne. Skullzy

Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 11:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) TvT (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (2)
-The areas around the base, for example the first 5 km the only forces you should face is like a recon group of small amounts of infantry so while there is no people on the server they could still have something to do, that way we might be able to get a few more people to get on the server and possible stay on for longer than 5-10 min and you got a chanse to get a group built up.

Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Media Manager
Public Events Coordinator
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Donator (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
Had a great time on Rhamnousia today. We were a fireteam first, later a section of 7. Transport pilot online the whole evening. Good amount of contact. We took wounded and killed, but the section wasn't wiped and I didn't feel too outnumbered or outgunned. We had to build a PB west of le Port, then proceeded to clear the harbour itself (I left just before we got there after I got killed). We did not run into mortar contact.

PB
We were successfully able to build a PB. It was clear to see the container numbering. Unfortunately the PB container landed on its side (because one of the sling ropes broke). I have made some screenshots if you wish to see them. This made it very hard or impossible to unload the objects (Luckily we had a Zues online). Perhaps it is possible to fix the spawning position of the objects to the earth and not relative to the orientation of the crate.
The respawn mechanism seems to work nicely. However, it is hard to combine with rearming, perhaps it is an idea to have a few supply boxes in the PB container as well.

PB Location
The PB task is now set on a particular position. I imagine it has to be completed within a radius of something like 50 meters? I think it might be nice to increase the radius by quite a bit. For example 300 meters. Just an idea. That way, the commander can pick a good spot to actually build the PB. Because now we had to build it in a tactically awful location, right in the middle of a ton of foliage and objects.

Tasks after building PB
No new tasks appeared after the PB task was completed. It could be nice to have several tasks spawn about one kilometer away from the PB. By doing so, there is actually a reason to use the PB as some sort of base and the players can move from there to complete additional tasks.

AAA
The marksman shot a ZSU-23 truck gunner from 600m+. The gunner was hit, but not killed. Within a second he turned around and shot the marksman with one burst. Dead... A bit overpowered, but nothing that you can do about that I guess. The AAA was a nice addition and took down the heli once, showing one has to be careful when approaching an LZ.

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:10 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Tim wrote:
AAA
The marksman shot a ZSU-23 truck gunner from 600m+. The gunner was hit, but not killed. Within a second he turned around and shot the marksman with one burst. Dead... A bit overpowered, but nothing that you can do about that I guess. The AAA was a nice addition and took down the heli once, showing one has to be careful when approaching an LZ.

Turned-out or exposed vehicle passengers frequently exhibit magical mystery armour. Especially when dealing with something as lethal as a ZU-23, make sure to shoot and shoot and shoot again for precisely this reason!

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:47 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Thanks Tim. The PB tasks are not intended to spawn new tasks per se, they are essentially "bonus" tasks. There should always be tasks being generated in the progression though. We're there NO tasks at all?

The location and the logistics points you raise are good and are already being looked at. Thanks.

Glad that the enemy balancing was better for you.

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Quote:
We were successfully able to build a PB. It was clear to see the container numbering. Unfortunately the PB container landed on its side (because one of the sling ropes broke). I have made some screenshots if you wish to see them. This made it very hard or impossible to unload the objects (Luckily we had a Zues online). Perhaps it is possible to fix the spawning position of the objects to the earth and not relative to the orientation of the crate.

The mechanism to get the components out of the containers is Ace, so there is not a lot we can do about that.  We are looking at an alternative mechanism but that is a longer-term project

Posted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Media Manager
Public Events Coordinator
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Donator (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
Reddog wrote:
Thanks Tim. The PB tasks are not intended to spawn new tasks per se, they are essentially "bonus" tasks. There should always be tasks being generated in the progression though. We're there NO tasks at all?
We only completed the PB task yesterday evening. What do you mean by NO tasks? After completing the PB task, no new task appeared.
I still imagine that by generating new tasks in the general area of the PB, the PB actually gains some use. Besides, this allows the players to fight in new areas, as some have mentioned that they often only fight around the base area.

We also had our communications jammed by the way, made things interesting.

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:39 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Kodak Commander (1) Frag of the match (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (1)
Evening all, just popped on the server and was looking to do the PB task. Noticed a lack of Mann truck in order to transport the container? Sounds as if it can be airlifted, but would there be a possibility of adding one truck in order to move the containers around the map?

Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I'm not intending adding man trucks no. Sorry.

Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:20 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Zeus Operations (1) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Played tonight and had a few notes

- Completed the stealthy infil mission with no issues but it says it's supposed to be an overwatch but it spawned in the middle of the town. Not sure if this is how it's supposed to work but from the description of "overwatch" was expecting it to be a position outside of the town.
- Enemy mortared the first spawn on multiple occasions, not sure if this is supposed to happen but it caused a lot of chaos with respawns and people spawning in, it also destroyed all the vehicles in the base
- Enemy EI assaulted the base, again causing issues with people spawning in or sorting their kit
- Friendly AI commander at the first spawn randomly ran off to the battlefield
- Doesn't seem to scale all that well to a smaller single section, the enemy grenadiers (Sergeant and Junior Sergeant), in particular, are able to make very light work of you, firing continuous volleys which can make for a frustrating experience though I only experienced this once.
- Frames were a little low at times, looking at the zeus 

Otherwise had a good time and I like the mission, it's hard but definitely not as bad as Nemesis for enemy armour!

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
- George Carlin

+ New Topic + Post Reply