Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Scorched Savannah Feedback thread

23 posts in this topic
Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Hi Lifetap
Played on map today is nice only prob i found, if in fact its a bug and not new game play is when the enemy shoot you and they wound you if you go unconscious they will carry on firing at you until you die. I dont think they used to, i always thought if you went unconscious they stopped. Prob is if they shoot you in they arm its a kill for them if you go unconscious as they carry on shooting you. If its a change in the game fair enough if not you end up dieing a lot especially alone or in small teams where targets for them is limited. Hope this helps and thanks for your work on a new map.

cheers
Steve

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
The individual combat mechanics for the AI are not a feature of either the mission or OSOD.  ie the part where the AI aims and fires their small arms at a specific target. 

The only time I have experienced what you describe is when the AI is laying down suppressive fire into a position.  This suppressive fire is not aimed at any single target, so is not subject to the AI stopping immediately if the target is dead.  Suppressive fire is generally limited to larger area fire weapons e.g. static MG or UGLs are the most common. 

And of course there is one other situation, where another blufor unit is using your body as a sandbag, usually the medic.  Then the AI is trying to engage the medic but you're in the line of fire.

Posted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:03 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Ahh ok strange didnt know if it was a setting, happened a few times when i was unconscious i was on my own on the serever and they just kept firing at me till i died. perhaps they just took a dislike to me happens in rl too ha ok np never noticed it before on a map.

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Training Team (1) Man of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Combat Medic (1)
Lifetap wrote:
Re the Warrior.

The RL warrior has a fixed commander's sight/camera slaved to the main gun.  For gameplay purposes, we allowed ours a little freedom to rotate around the position of the main gun.

My issue with the above is in-game when the commander is looking around in the camera, particularly if the main gun is scanning the horizon at the time. It makes them somewhat redundant as they are only ever seeing what the gunner is seeing, even turned out they have the same small arc. Meaning the only way to see what is happening on the battlefield is to be in the third-person view.

If in RL they are slaved then fair enough but in the RL if they want to get a handle on the battle they would stick their head out, would it be possible to increase the arc when turned out maybe? So if you do want the chance to see around then you literally have to stick your head out for it lol.

Cheers Tap

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:31 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
That's a possibility, although in RL the commander spends most of his time turned out.

Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:59 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
The detection process to determine whether the destroy drug and arms cache tasks are completed, should now be a little more reliable.

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:29 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Public Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (4) Combat Medic (1)
Based on the tonight's public action, this mission needs to be toned down in very open areas. 

The AI has the ability to score 1 shot kills in the open of over 500m with iron sights which is making it very difficult for us to succeed. We've had 2 section elements eliminated along with a Zulu. I would maybe suggest in open areas the number of AI is limited compared to towns/cities. 

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Advanced Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Mission Designer (2) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
TvT (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Yeah we had a few DCs tonight because it was not so much too much enemy, it was more their skill that obliterated us. Accuracy of shots were incredible by the enemy.  One shot kills and it just disheartened the troops. Still love the OSOD approach but for this mission I think it will start to be avoided if we can't tweak it :-)

Mne. Skullzy

Posted: Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I think it needs to be played differently as well.

Losing two sections when we had air cover was surprising.

I DC'd because the section movement was poor. We were 400m+ or so apart when 1:1 went down. 1:2 then got killed because the section was not properly scanning for enemies. I called several times... we had enemy on the flanks, but from what I could see we were all a little too busy doing our own thing.

Tim, you probably need to try and micro manage a little less too. Let the mission flow a little more. Overall Less talking and more looking and listening for everyone in the section.

Anyway I think it has great potential... I like the fact its open, just needs to be tackled differently I guess

Posted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:56 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Media Manager
Public Events Coordinator
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Donator (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
I agree with Dobbeh and Skullzy. This mission is too hard. Because the terrain is so open the different enemy positions can easily support each other and we lack the numbers to keep them busy. Both times we got into contact I was unconscious within seconds and the second I died quite quickly.

I do agree that the sections were far apart, however I do understand 1-1C tried because the terrain was quite open.

About those enemies on the flank that got us. So you're telling me to manage the section less but also that I need to make sure they cover their flanks? You were on that flank and you did spot them, I heard. When we turned around and tried to get them as a section, both me and Rev (Delta) got shot immediately, so from then on I couldn't do much dead.

Don't forget it's a public event in which more inexperienced players might not be covering their sectors as well as members.

@Dobbeh, I believe they tried again later and again got wiped right?

+ New Topic + Post Reply