OP Autumn Phoenix Feedback Thread

34 posts in this topic
Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Was that before or after the updated version went on? If after then there's a problem but I think the change in the trenches will probably solve the issue.

Did any vehicles spawn?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (1)
after the trenches went small the same thing nothing spawned something tends to spawn after you have done 4 missions for a vehicle but it has to be the same one to spawn only one of them the Heli was bugged to that didn't spawn 2 nights ago

edit 
i just done 4 missions ive cleared 2 camps a pb and a stealthy infatuate and nothing has spawned is it coz im alone now ?  

edit fifth mission 

Last edited by joshewashegamer on Wed May 27, 2020 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 6:04 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
You don't get a vehicle/reward every single task completion. You know that right?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
ye but after 6 missions still havent had anything but if it says we do get one it dosent spawn 

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Media Manager
Public Events Coordinator
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Donator (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
Besides what Joshewashegamer said, we also had cargo items (wheels and crates) disappear after being unloaded.

Also, when new players join, I don't really see a good way of getting them into the fight. If we've driven multiple kilometres from the base, walking isn't really an option. The only thing left, would be to take vehicles in. If we do so, we'll quickly run out of vehicles at base and have to manage a platoon worth of Land Rovers in the field. Today we ended up with 6 vehicles for 10 players. This issue doesn't arise during public actions of course.

Other public missions either have a transport helicopter that a player can fly or provide is with ATVs. I dislike the ATVs in a certain way, but it is a good way of getting into the fight.

Overall I love this mission. The balance seems great, somewhat light at times. We had a blast today with a minimal of 5 to a maximum of 10 players.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
I won't be adding ATV's in this OP for absolute certain.

I'm not sure how this mission is any different to any other in terms of new player inserts. Sure, you don't have a helo at the start (you do get a transport helo) relatively early on (if the rewards are working), but even if you did you might not have a pilot. Each op of mine is designed to play differently. It's important to me that each mission not simply be a "cut, paste, change map, change enemy" type affair and so each should/could be approached differently.

Are you saying you did not receive a single reward at all? Did you get the message saying you had but not get the reward? Is it just the vehicles you're not getting?

Cargo etc disappearing sounds like an ACE issue, not really something I can do anything about.

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:13 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
when we get a message that we got a reward they arnt there and we didn't get any messages from any of the missions today 2 days ago we did loads and had loads of messages but no vehicles we had to ask a admin to spawn some coz we was out of vehicles 

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Media Manager
Public Events Coordinator
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Donator (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
I'm afraid I agree on the ATVs Reddog. How do you expect new players to get to the battlefield?

Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
OK, I'm somewhat surprised you've had messages since there was a script error which I'd imagine would have prevented them from showing. Anyway...

I've sorted it now and will upload a new version shortly although the map's about the change. Thanks for the feedback in tracking this down. Would have been a bit quicker if I'd realised you meant you'd not had any rewards at all.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2020 12:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Kodak Commander (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Weapons Operator (1)
I've only put in 3-4 hours on this mission, but from what I've played of it so far, its great, so thanks Reddog!

Reddog wrote:
I'm not sure how this mission is any different to any other in terms of new player inserts. Sure, you don't have a helo at the start (you do get a transport helo) relatively early on (if the rewards are working), but even if you did you might not have a pilot. Each op of mine is designed to play differently. It's important to me that each mission not simply be a "cut, paste, change map, change enemy" type affair and so each should/could be approached differently.

These are the only potentially problematic differences I can see:

1. Players joining have no idea where their sections are due to no Blufor tracking (this is fine, I actually like having to do proper map work etc.) So finding where you need to head to, can be problematic. 

2. More experienced players might solve the above by jumping in a vehicle and using its long range radio to contact deployed troops and make their way there. Newer or brand new players to our server, might not know to do this. Perhaps a way of simplifying or making this method obvious, would help?

3. I agree that ATV's are a big nope on this missions, they simply aren't in keeping with the time period. Perhaps some of the motorbikes in the factions pack would be a more period sensitive method of single player transportation? This allows players to head into the AO without filling it full of empty Blufor vehicles.[/list]

+ New Topic + Post Reply