+ New Topic + Post Reply
12 posts in this topic
Posted: Fri May 29, 2020 6:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)

OP Chickenhawk OSOD Feedback Thread

Background

This OP is a remake of the ALiVE Chickenhawk mission on N'ziwasogo using the new Apex tree version of the map. I'm using OSOD for the AI, and some tasks as well as some custom tasks. This OP is set in wartorn Africa with humanitarian type tasks as well as finding and eliminating enemy camps, alongside the usual removal of enemy threats.

Initially I'm interested in feedback on the following;
- Is there enough enemy/too many enemy?
- What are frames like
- Any technical issues like respawn not working etc.
- Are the tasks sufficient for interest?

Known issues
- no servicing point for vehicles
- no casualty care point
- no briefing on situation
- long initialization time for OSOD 

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Operations Design Team
Advanced Trainer

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Donator (1) Training Team (1)
Mission Designer (2) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
TvT (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Had various rubber band issues with vehicles and zues issues healing them to a state they were almost cooking off.

Would like to have more civpop with interactions. We passed 3 small villages and only met 1 civy at the task location. This is a very useful and cool part of these missions so be good to see more civilians. 

Search and destroy tasks caused a lot of lag at the start, but once we moved out the frames were good for almost all of the operation. Good work team! :up:

Mne. Skullzy

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier

• I liked the amount of enemies.
  • My frames werent very good but it was ok enough
  • Vehicles where rubber banding abit for me. Also when stuff is spawned in i get a huge lag spike.
  • The mission was alot of fun!
Thanks for the mission!

Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Media Manager
Public Events Coordinator
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Recruitment Manager

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Recruiter (1) Donator (1)
Media Team (1) Public Team (1) Frag of the match (1)
Zeus Operations (1) Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
Great mission. Good balance on first public action test. Good to see diverse tasks, the FOBs and a different pace in terms of task clearance. I enjoy not having a CTP. Frames were low at some points. Humanitarian aspect is awesome.

Like Skullzy already mentioned, having more civilians would be good. It would add to the immersion to see civies actually living in the small villages and huts we drive by.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:04 am     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Ribbon Moderator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Ribbon Team (1) Zeus Operations (1)
Mission Designer (2) Leadership (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3)
I've got a few points I'd like to make. All points are from playing after the public action ended.

1. Objectives 1-6 had markers right on where they were which kinda defeats the searching in the circle aspect of them.

2. Once we'd got to the MSF outpost to drop off the water pump we'd found the MSF personnel had disappeared so it felt odd delivering it to no-one

3. When we were pushing up to the outpost we found rather a lot of lone infantry contacts with just a single man not even a pair or a fireteam

4. At the start the base got attacked by a technical and lead to us discovering that the perimeter guards are not invincible (I think on other missions they are invincible but I might be misremembering)

5. Due to the large bay at the centre of the map it'd be quite nice if we could get landing crafts to move vehicles around without using the roads

6. It's really nice to have some objectives different to the usual blow this up or kill these people

7. The birds are exceedingly loud and it'd be great if they could get toned down a bit

8. I also have to agree with the previous points about the CIVPOP. It seems like it should be higher for a missions that focuses to heavily on humanitarian objectives. It'd also be interesting if there was some kind of deterent to killing civilians 

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:26 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
1) markers are a known issue and will be changed by at the moment there is only one alternative, which means rhe task will not reference the area at all.

2) Civs doing what Civs do. 

3) how many of you were there? 2? OSOD scales unit sizes. It also will spilt units up especially in this terrain so a single man won't be a unit. It's just a bloke on his own.

4) the base shouldn't be attacked unless you lead units back there. And no, the guards aren't invulnerable. (No one else is either)

5) landing craft were buggy as s**t on the original mission so were removed. I can look at adding some back.

7) birds are nothing to do with me. It's hardcoded in the map.

8) You can have x amount of AI. You can either have more enemy or more civis.  You can't have both. The interaction with civpop in arma is lacklustre at best. I agree it would be lovely to have some immersive gameplay with proper civilians including women and children. It won't happen in arma.

The deterrent to killing civilians is coming across all missions. You won't like it.

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Donator (1) Operations Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Zeus Operations (1) Leadership (1)
Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
There is a mortar section and a troop mortar in the roster but no L16 or M6 gear in the logistics white list

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
- George Carlin

Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:46 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:
Advanced Trainer
Ribbon Moderator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Ribbon Team (1) Zeus Operations (1)
Mission Designer (2) Leadership (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3)
About the base getting stacked, we hadn't left it yet and a technical just came charging in at us.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Donator (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
On joining, a task appeared to find and rescue a downed pilot.

I spent some time adjusting loadouts and wandering around the base, so can't say for certain how long it took me to get to the location - would guesstimate 40 mins absolute max.

On arriving at the 8-figure grid, I found the pilot dead from a minor head injury, having heard no shots and encountered no enemies on the way in. Some were spotted and evaded during exfil.

When I accessed his medical menu (or possibly when I looked directly at him at close range), the task reported as failed, and a new task to evac any T1 casualties took its place. I triaged the pilot, who of course showed as deceased.

Sorry to admit I didn't fancy bagging him and dragging him 800m back to the assault boat, so don't know what would have happened if I'd got the body back to base.

Wondering if the pilot spawns with a minor injury to create a de facto time limit on the task? Although when I triaged him and he dropped his kit, there appeared to be a vanilla first aid kit in amongst it, so presumably he would have fixed himself.

Apologies if this is a bit vague, will try to note times and take screenshots if it comes up again!

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Hi Zulu. That's one for Lifetap, I'm not sure on the exact ins and outs of the setup of that task. Be interesting to know if anyone else has attempted that task in previous runs and had similar results or success?

+ New Topic + Post Reply