1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)

Current Altis Public map Altis Alive 2.6

Just some feedback on the new missions.

Base

Loving the base.

Well thought out, neat, easy to find your stuff and no surprises

Planes are parked a little too close - can be noisy on engine start-up, but otherwise I like it.

OpFor

Sad to see some Csat have crept in there... but that's a personal thing. Why not swap them for the other Indie guerrillas? or one of the CAF_AG units i.e. Eastern European Terrorists ?

AAF very good - as ever, shame we can't use Cat's Drab re-skin, would suit Altis better I think.

Level of enemy seems VERY low. Maybe 5-8 units (set of 1 or 2 men) max per town - I assume with the use of Zeus and MCC to build specific missions, that's ok - but for a stand-alone public if there are no Admin GM's on it's going to be pretty quiet....

Frames are good, I get 45 to 50 solo - only slows down when other players come online - Ping ? Network Traffic Arma ?  Who knows anyway playable

ZEUS
Oddly I can't seem to use Zeus, it's saying I need more "resources" ?

Posted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Thanks for the feedback SJ.

I moved the planes out to the hangars on v2.6 this evening as they were just outside the base walls. But yeah, they'd probably be noisy where ever they get put to be honest.

CSAT - good spot, the ALiVE CQB module was incorrectly set. I'll fix that in v2.7

Force size - Alive is set to Battalion strength (400), with max spawn limit of 50, distance 800m + CQB + Civs. Agreed that this might be a little on the light side, but was most concerned about getting playable fps on Altis which we know is tricky. I can always up the numbers, although I think MCC auto-gen + Zeus is the way to go to keep things fresh, and then generally there are more enemy's than most can handle.

Zeus - I saw this once too after a long session of Zeus'ing. Not sure why, as there's no obvious Zeus resource cap in place. Every other time it's been fine for me though. Will keep an eye out.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:37 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Agree with the plus points. Definitely want to suggest we use Cat's reskin of the AAF as the camo fits far better for Altis. Alternatively, we could use the reskin pack for CSAT as with that they now look like an actual human faction rather than a cross between soldier ants and an alien invader. Additionally, I do like the selection of available air assets, but I would like to see the UKSF versions of the Littlebirds as they come with countermeasures. As for FPS, after talking with Frosty, it does seem that MCC / Zeus made missions do not automatically make use of ALIVE's profiling system to store any generated AI so we do get a FPS drop due to the amount of 'active AI' loaded in at one time. If whoever is logged in as ALIVE admin goes to the console and re-initializes the unit profiler once the mission is made, it would add the MCC / Zeus AI into the profile system, hopefully improving FPS once again while the players are not within the necessary spawn distance.

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:49 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
@Evrik
The mods you mention aren't within the "allowed" set that Jamie has decreed, so not my decision, sorry.

I originally had the Massi British aircraft and vehicles in this mission - I'm planning to put them back in with the next version (2.8) and see if the fps drop and bugs still persist. But a lot has changed since I last tried them so hopefully they can stay.

Server fps is not dropping below about 45...

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:02 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Not a problem. I made the case for the reskin before he put the mod pack together. As it does nothing but reskin AAF units in any mission it can easily be made use of in the future if it ever gets approved without affecting any missions made without it. The CSAT reskin is less important, but was merely a suggestion. The ALIVE and MCC / Zeus is more relevant however. If ALIVE is set to allow 30-50 units to spawn in at any one time, and then another 30+ are loaded up via an MCC generated mission, clearly that will lead to a drop in FPS. However, even that isn't really an issue while we are playing that particular mission as we account for the majority of them and the garbage collector does the rest. However, I am thinking beyond that. Unless you are going to restart the server after every MCC mission we play, unprofiled units are going to build up over the course of a few days as we usually miss a few. Unlike those held by ALIVE, these units do not de-spawn once we leave the area. I think Goodson / Frosty were going to look to see if there is a way of making the reinitialization of the profiling system an automatic thing so that these units would be added to ALIVE for despawning.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:20 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
v2.8 now live.
See changelog.

I'm out for the day - if there are any issues with fps, then revert to v2.6.

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:14 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
there won't be :)

SJ

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:23 am     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Hi Apollo, following on from the brief TK discussion in the other thread, I found this:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... ent-script

It might be worth considering in place of the automatic ban as accidents do happen. The person killed has the option to punish the person responsible after they respawn. The person responsible has so many strikes before they are banned. Hopefully, if you are the pilot of a full helicopter and you crash, your passengers won't ban you for TK'ing, although knowing some people on here..... :D

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:37 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Ok Still only 1 Opfor Unit profiles in Athios 8 In Pyragos etc.

I think we can take it to level 3 ?

SJ ;P

Posted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Thanks Evrik, I'll take a look at that script and put it in v2.9 if possible.

SJ - I can't check as not currently at home, but I think the "unit profiles" that show under the Alive 'show markers', are groups - in other words fire teams or sections. So 8 unit profiles in Pyrgos could be 32+ enemies. Again I think I checked this during dev by switching on MCC's ability to show individual units. There are also hot spots on the map which contain much heavier enemy concentrations so perhaps I should mark the enemy bases so players can choose to go to really dangerous places.

Presumably fps has been ok today? Good news if so, level 3 might be on the cards. 
Have the Brit aircraft behaved themselves? Respawning and not killing people on entry?

+ New Topic + Post Reply