31 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:40 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
RaptorInMotion wrote:
I asked on the forums and they said it's because we've set instadeath to false and it needs to be true

Yes, that fixes it.
Enemies now die.

v3.3
- @CSE Combat Medical System: Allow Instant Death set to Yes

BUG
It's not just pilots. Anyone that gets into the pilot seat of a chopper and subsequently respawns causes it to blow up.

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:40 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
We made a pretty big break-through this evening when we discovered that initialization lines on player units within mission code were being executed incorrectly multiple times due to an unresolved bug in ArmA. On removing these code lines, all the crashes to desktop and missing name-tag/sthud issues stopped. In addition we were able to run without -nologs at high FPS and rather than getting 20Mb report files (.rpt) they were just 200kb! This is not to say that every problem with stability will have been cured, but it's certainly a massive step in the right direction.

Due to bugs in ACRE and (probably) AGM we also decided to start using TFR and CSE, at least until something better comes along.

As a result this mission is being moved from Dev to Public.
http://www.3commandobrigade.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=2682

Full changelog now being updated here.

v3.4
- reduced @CSE Survival Difficulty from 'Regular' to 'Recruit'
- modified pilotCheck_TFR.sqf to make non-pilot 'getOut' rather than 'eject'
- disabled @CSE Backblast from affecting AI
- swapped position of Ghosthawk to move Medivac Lynx nearer MASH tent
- moved positions of quad bikes, making them more accessible from base north entrance
- added @CSE Set Medic Class module synchronised to all player combat medics
- split up @ALIVE spawn modules for different groups of vehicles
- added @CSE Blue Force Tracker modules synchronised to aircraft, removed individual trackers from pilots
- reduced AH-6's from 2 to 1, increased MH-6's from 1 to 2

TO DO
  • Confirm if CSE BlueForce Tracker works correctly
  • Check effect of reducing CSE survival difficulty
  • Check if fast roping works properly?
  • Does pilotCheck script work all the time now?
If all seems stable:
  • Reintroduce LEA
  • Reintroduce MCC
  • Add more British vehicle mods

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:50 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
More information about the double-init issue Apollo is referring to can be found here:

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=16485

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:21 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
@Apollo - Myself, Potominkus, and Cat were on the server this morning and it was running flawlessly for well over an hour. Also, the current medical system is perfect. Whatever settings you're currently using, keep it that way. We found that is wasn't overly complex (i.e. requring 10 bandages for one wound, with each bandage taking far too long) and actually was very easy to use (without detracting from gameplay).

TFR is also getting a lot of praise, even from those that were previously devoted to ACRE (including myself).

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Goodson wrote:
@Apollo - Myself, Potominkus, and Cat were on the server this morning and it was running flawlessly for well over an hour. Also, the current medical system is perfect. Whatever settings you're currently using, keep it that way. We found that is wasn't overly complex (i.e. requring 10 bandages for one wound, with each bandage taking far too long) and actually was very easy to use (without detracting from gameplay).

TFR is also getting a lot of praise, even from those that were previously devoted to ACRE (including myself).

Great to hear. :-)

CSE medical is on severity "Recruit" - lowest setting.

I've almost finished converting Namalsk to the same standards...

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Game Admin
Site Admin
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Modder
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Recruitment Team (1) Training Team (1) Retired (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Leadership (2) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
As far as the fastrope testing that myself, Arf and Alexander were doing we found a workaround to stop the deaths.

Heli comes to a stop and hovers @ 15m, first person to drop chooses rope deployment (only that person) then pilot deploys group and when the first person is on the ground he shouts "Rope clear", then the next person to drop does the same process.

You just need to setup in what order you are dropping and it should work with no issues, but obviously needs testing with a full heli load to confirm. Mulitiple drops still seem to be hit and miss, sometimes you die sometimes you don't.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt.

My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Posted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:09 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Nemiuk wrote:
As far as the fastrope testing that myself, Arf and Alexander were doing we found a workaround to stop the deaths.

Heli comes to a stop and hovers @ 15m, first person to drop chooses rope deployment (only that person) then pilot deploys group and when the first person is on the ground he shouts "Rope clear", then the next person to drop does the same process.

You just need to setup in what order you are dropping and it should work with no issues, but obviously needs testing with a full heli load to confirm. Mulitiple drops still seem to be hit and miss, sometimes you die sometimes you don't.

Also worth mentioning: You will occasionally loose your group when doing fast-roping.... :(

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:17 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Subject: Dead Clones.

Description:
In the last few weeks since we have been using CSE there seems to be a issue, that usually leads to CAS/MEDEVAC for people who are actually dead and already respawned. Their previous body is shown as unconcius and critical but not actually dead. So people on the server often try to revive or CAS/MEDEVAC them. In the meantime the player often has already respawned and is waiting back at base.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
I can put the garbage collector on to clean up dead bodies immediately, but last time I did people complained....

... perhaps it's 'realistic' to have to collect and return dead bodies to base, rather than just leave them in the field while gleefully looting their gear, lol.

Let me know what you want.

Posted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
The problem is that CSE is not showing these people as "dead" right now. So you often spend quite some time organizing a MEDEVAC for somebody who dies 3 minutes ago and is back at base or already on the way back without you knowing.

Is there a way to set the timer for the garbage collector?

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply