1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)

Sound/Graphics Mods, Its All or Nothing

It's possible we can make it an option for COOP play only.

But it's down the list on priorities tbh - anyway both JSRS and BLASTCORE still have lots of dev work to do before it's considered finished

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Just one thing to note, BI are in the process of updating all of their sounds so things may change.  I think this is due to be released with the marksman DLC.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
This toppic was brought up on TS in the past days. From what I have heard the stance on JSRS and Blastcore is the following.

It is right now out of the box. Reason is that the stability of the modset is more important right now. So before mods like that can be added again, we have to make sure that the got a working modset. Once this has reached a certain leve, mods like JSRS and Blastcore can make a comeback.

Wasnt there a way with the signature check to make mods optional? So you could make some Mods completly optional but not mandatory?

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
I think the issue with that Mefirst is if some are and some aren't you can make it more unstable.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Andy1 wrote:
I think the issue with that Mefirst is if some are and some aren't you can make it more unstable.

That would depend on the mod and how they work, I understand the argumentation from goodson perfectly and it does make sense.

You should try to eliminate all possible errors, before adding some new things that could lead to more.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 1:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
We're still working our way down the priority list on the Mod Roadmap.

Currently we're finishing off adding new vehicles in Phase 2 and new maps in Phase 3.

Then we need to concentrate on improving the variety of Opfor available to us in Phase 5.
People have also requested we add more Blufor units so this will get inserted in Phase 5 too.

Once we reach Phase 6 will be the time that the questions posed here will really have most relevance.
We could bump up the priority of these mods, but no one has suggested this in the 6 months since the Roadmap was created. To my mind it is better to focus our limited mod-incrementing time and effort to items that we do not have at all. 

So, you might ask, what is the reason Blastcore / Sound Mod 'X' cannot be made an option for players right now?

1. Although supposedly client-side, these mods do have an effect on the server and stability for other players (proven)
2. Bug reports become much more complicated to analyse when players have variable mod sets

As it can't be made optional, not only does the priority for it's introduction have to be changed significantly for us to consider it now, but everyone has to agree that they like a particular sound mod and will run it happily. I don't see this agreement being easy, because the enjoyment of sounds, like art, is very subjective, and what one person thinks is great, may sound horrible to another. There is also the issue of whether everybody's PC can handle the additional load. 

So, although this is a good discussion to have and it would be nice to know what the favourite Sound Mod is amongst members, I can't honestly see it getting implemented in the short term.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Howl wrote:
I personally feel that blastcore looks a little 'cartoony', but I would love to have a better sound mod.

I used to think the same, but the latest version of Blastcore (now called Blastcore: Phoenix) is exponentially better. Here's a few screenshots I've taken while using Blastcore:

With this version of Blastcore, I'd happily run this over vanilla any day.

Posted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Soundmod wise I think the new JSRS is amazing.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:23 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)
Sound is more important than additional graphic effects that a lot of people's rigs can't handle. Sounds are not really that resource heavy.

I'd rather have replacement for the always awful bi default ones, unless the dlc is improved a lot.

Posted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:37 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Apparently Blastcore has been very well optimised and has little affect on FPS (the Particle Effects quality in the video options can also be used to adjust Blastcore's level of detail).

If I had to pick one over the other first, I'd probably pick Blastcore (but maybe that's because I'm not a big fan of JSRS, at least not the current version).

+ New Topic + Post Reply