1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)

Suggestion - Igiload Logistics Script

DG Have you done the RPT check ?

Apart from loading moving boats into chinooks (cool!) what does it do that ALiVE logistics or AGM logistics doesn't do. As this would be the 3rd logistics platform running concurrently...

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:51 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Good job on the RPT - might be worth just adding it to a public repo set and checking there is no interference - esp with ALiVE or AGM being used as well..

Still not 100% sure on what this does that those scripts don't (not being a pain just conscious of adding redundant scripts etc etc)....

:-)

SJ

p.s. RDogg - yes with AGM you can manipulate most objects and move them, load them etc... i.e. containers etc.

ALiVE adds much the same features and is built into the "ALiVE key" functionality (map user option 20 to what ever you want, close the game down. Re-start and you can now turn on ALiVE logistics)

Posted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I like the general idea of the script, I just currently can't get around to testing it -- I'm a bit unsure about it including quite so many features in a single script -- assuming it's modular enough, I'd like to keep it as simple as possible.

Posted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Oh, sorry, I totally forgot about this. I'm on TS with delta right now, I'll see if we can organize some testing for this :)

EDIT: 
Delta and I had a good look at this and while the script itself seems to work fairly well, the vehicles (i.e. chinook, jackal, landrover) need some updates before it'll be a "3CB quality" experience ;)
Since you can only barely load a Jackal  + a quadbike into a chinook it doesn't really add too much of an advantage compared to e.g. slingloading, so while it would be nice to have, it doesn't seem like it would currently change the way we play in a significant way.
With ace3 possibly implementing their own loading system, we're going to work on 1.) getting the chinook to properly support switching between "people" and "cargo" mode [delta has an update nearly ready that needs some fixing to deal with locality issues in the scripting] and 2.) creating para versions of the Jackal (ideally f the currently unreleased improved 3CB Jackal) and Landrovers so that they fit into the chinook without weird clipping and 3.) adding a cargo plane (either third-party or 3CB released) to the modset.
2/3 are rather long-term goals, though, so don't hold your breath quite yet :) Delta and I will try to re-evaluate igiload and loading in general in 6-8 weeks, hopefully we'll have at least some of the things from the list above done by then :)

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:55 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
so .... updates ?!?!!?? =) .. i would love to do some logistics stuff

ACE3 postponed its 'Logistics' module to 3.2.0

https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/pull/1047

and igiLoad looks like something that might get the job done, since we dont use AGM anymore =/

but for application there might be also something needed that creates 'loaded crates', an ammo box full of the stuff that the allready existing 'Loading Area' puts into vehicles

you know 'section supplies', 'medical supplies', 'AT' and other stuff but dosnt load the 'nearby parked car' instead creates a crate with the stuff in it =)
and then your friendly whisky drops it 300m pass the DropZone into enemy territory =)

..... i'm all up for that, if you need help feel free to ask

cheers moeses

gWotD: Ladung

Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:59 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
I dont think we need this mod right now and waiting would be a good option.

As said again. You can already do this right now if some things are on the map.

- Empty Cargo Nets
- Arsenal nearby
- Helicopters that can sling load

Fill the empty net with whatever you want yourself.
Slingload it
Drop it
If the situation allows it, you can sling it again and return it to base.

Last edited by Mefirst on Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:04 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Well bit of a mistake to say a mod in this case. What I should have said is third party content, since the script is "only" in the mission itself.

Beside that my arguments are still the same. Especially with the background that a lot of people would like to see a smaller modlist and less third party content on the server. Beside this, the biggest issue for me is related to the gameplay balance. Especially the situation you mentioned would be a "easy" solution for something that can be complicated and complicated can be better. If it is too hot for a LZ, this should be solved by the players and not by a script or mod at all times. Something that makes ArmA great is that you cant do anything yourself and there are challenges you have to solve. If there is no safe LZ I would rather see people make sure they can secure a LZ or move it to a safer location.

I dont think our logistics are crap, people do not seem to be aware what they can do with the things we already have. This is a situation created by players who are unaware or of it or unwilling to solve it with what we already have. Some people rather sit in a F/18 in base waiting for CAS, while they could easily provide logistic support with air or ground units.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
RDogg wrote:
Quote:
Fill the empty net with whatever you want yourself.
Slingload it
Drop it
Parachute > Slingload

Sling loading is far more risky. Yes it is down to the people to ensure they have a safe LZ but you can't automatically rule out being shoot down just because the ground thinks it is safe from their perspective.

Problem with slinging something is it changes your approach. You have to come in higher, slower, and touchdown more gently = Taking more time = Much larger chance of getting shot down.

There is also the problem of people banging into stuff with whatever they are carrying. We could do the council out of job the amount of times I've seen people take down a whole tree line with an ammo box..

Exactly and in this case more risk = more fun. It is almost as if people would have to think about what they are going to do before they do it!

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:33 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
I knows this script and I have been using it in the past.

Maybe stop getting so "anal" just because somebody does not agree to your personal opinion and suggestion, I think I have made my points clear enough two times, so I will not do it a third time. Since I am also not 12 years old, I do not feel the need to question the competence or the engagement of people just to make my opinion look better and more valid.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Please drop the personal comments chaps, or this thread will get locked. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, if put politely and not breaking the rules.

I'm reading with interest arguments for and against. Almost all my missions have working alive logistics, panthera may be an exception, can't remember.

I would be more tempted to want to put in a 'better' logistical solution if I ever saw a demand for it on the public, but it just doesn't seem to exist. I can't remember the last time we built an Fob out of the kit I lovingly placed in the supply depots or slung load anything at all, despite being able to do it.

If we start using what is already there and then show general demand for something even better, that's the way to get a strong argument for work to be done IMO.

+ New Topic + Post Reply