1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
+1 for Building FOBS.....

Really good fun !

DeeJay - it's easy really. We clear and secure a tactically/strategically important location, a Town Square, Over-looking Promontory etc and then basically use the ALiVE logistics function to "pick-up" and "move" the FOB fortifications from base to the chosen location.

That can be done with trucks or choppers.

Needs a fairly big team as half need to stay to secure the location and the other half need to grab and ship the building materials.

With the new ACE features we'll get sandbags, and barbed wire than can be deployed too - not sure what this looks like yet - but could potentially be "flat-packed" into a hunter or landrover etc for more easy transport.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
DeeJay wrote:
OT - if someone could explain to me how to make a FOB from supply dumps (pm if easier)

I would quite happily harness my inner Kevin McCloud and build FOBs

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Go to controls, custom, bind a key to Custom Action 20 for @alive. Many people use Left Windows.

While in game, press the @alive key.
Player Logistics > Enable.

Go to the Supply Dump, marked on map near base with a container Hemtt.

Stand next to item you want, scroll wheel, drag. Take to vehicle and release next to it.

Look at item, scroll wheel, load into cargo. Amount you can load depends on size of cargo and vehicle type.

Drive or sling load cargo to AO. Dismount, look at vehicle, scroll wheel, unload cargo, drag to desired location.

Bunkers, hescos, toilets, flags, ammo boxes, static weapons, dragons teeth, barriers, fences etc etc. Anything in the Supply Dump can be used.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 4:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
In theory we could "flag" the FOB as a custom objective and then the TNA would see it as a location to be defended. Either that or we call ALiVE re-enforcements in to defend, Wash wipe rinse and repeat.. It's a different way from how we normally play but I think would be better than simply "Turn the grid blue" :-)

I think it would work especially well on a persistent asymmetric map mission - allowing "british" re-enforcements to hold positions above the red line actually pushing the Taki-bunny insurgents back.

Posted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
I was talking to Goodson about this the other day and how I find it hard playing on the public at present as I only have a few hours to play it is hard to join the fight.  My comment was that if we could build a FOB in a town and have a spawn point there so you can spawn close to your section I'd be greatly interested in it.  This would first have to have been created by friendly forces so you wouldn't have a load of FOBs across the map you can TP from one to another.

On the topic of Sling-loading vs Para dropping supplies both need to and should be considered.  They both have advantages and disadvantages, sling-loading as has been said risks your airframe to enemy fire due to flying in slow and gently on the other hand you get your supplies in the desired location without risk of losing them to enemy forces.  Para dropping supplies on the other hand has less risk to the airframe and thus the crew of being shot down and kill but it is alot less reliable for getting supplies to where they have been requested, you can however drop larger and heavier loads than with under slung loads.

So in summary, FOBS YES PLEASE, a different load script, yes but this completely depends on our game style hence more FOBs = more logistical requirements.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
ok .. that kinda derailed  =/

but now we have more people willing to build fobs ... so .. LETS BUILD A FOB

spend the last 4..6 hours building a fob and asked ppl to make pictures .. lets see the pics guys =)

we strated with 2 guys .... 1.5..2h later 2 more joined and at the end we had a whole section working on it key elements where 1x bunker 8..12x hescos, medevec vehicle repair / rearm / refuel vehicles and the flag ... at the end we added a 2nd bunker a roadblock and more vehicles  .... main time consuming factor was that most of the time only one item fits in the truck

and for the record, used to do logitics with the armory and a CarryAll Backpack, shuff stuff into heli ... dont do that anymore since 'toutching the armory' resets all your radio settings, switched to a system where i load a quad with 'section supplies' by the 'vehicle loading area' and slingsload that in =) 

has the 'need to break for drop problem' .. its manageable but i would love to be able to just paradrop that stuff in .. with the infantry =P 
tossed some ideas around and lets see what we end up with .. and i'm looking forward todo more logistic stuff and dont have to deal with theses pesky AI's =)

cheers moeses

gWotA : Versorger

Last edited by Moeses on Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
doing some igiload testing on masteros server atm .... igiload has still some kinks but looks interesting 

feel free to partake @  91.109.146.41:2302   password 3CB  public repo

... 0-0 2IC, Signaler Jtag can zeus ... everyone can operate choppers 

so feel free to test your borderline edgecases .. like 'can you load a quad on a offroad then the offroad on a hemptt' .. answer is yes btw =/

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Leadership (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3)
Some screen shots from todays testing
Added BAF vehicles to the script and HMG landy (for lulz).

on quad inside the Merlin:
No comments :-)

C130 can take 2 Landrovers

So conclusion is:
Delta`s Chinooks are not supported.
Merlin is good to drop supply crates over AO. Merlin can not take landrover onboard.

Suggestion: can the loading bay script be adjusted to accept crates. So section supply can be loaded  in them.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
kk .. we where using the version from the public repo .. can you specify on 'the wrong one' .. or say what the right one is =)  ?!? !

cheers moeses

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:25 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Leadership (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (3)
I downloaded the script from http://www.igipl.net and added vehicles and crates classnames to it.

See Ya Around

+ New Topic + Post Reply