3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
93 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:43 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)

Whitelisted Arsenal

Please leave your feedback for the whitelists here.

Please also mention if it's for the "default" or "core" whitelist :-)

Already mentioned: 
core only: Benelli and AW sniper are missing ammo
core only: Launcher selection needs updating

Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
all: backpack
core only: UK cap
core only: tactical glasses green/dark
core only: add 200rnd for L110
core only: remove longrange scope that gets put on shotgun by default

all: add faces tab
all: add voices tab,  but only whitelist "NO VOICE"

all: instead of "taking away" pre-defined radios, change the mod so that it replaces them with the default radio

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:34 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
I am a bit confused here. What do exactly mean by core and by default? Also how am I supposed do test this? I jumped on the public server and so far I dont see any restriction in the arsenal whatsoever.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:51 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Mefirst wrote:
I am a bit confused here. What do exactly mean by core and by default? Also how am I supposed do test this? I jumped on the public server and so far I dont see any restriction in the arsenal whatsoever.
We did a testing session, the restrictions are currently enabled only on a modified version of Namalsk, the server is currently running Podagorsk with un-restricted arsenal :)

The "default" / "core" refers to two different boxes I had placed down: The "default" had every single 'allowed' item in it, i.e. SCAR's, M1911's, etc -- literally every item in the game except for Russian/CSAT/AAF/CIV gear.
The "core" was one with a very small number of items in it, for those (like me) that prefer to give up some of the dress-up capabilities in return for a less cluttered (and faster responding) arsenal.

Thanks to a pretty clever suggestion from Kryklin, I'm going to re-work how parts of my mod work (to get some serious speed improvements for larger white lists) before I'm going to start rolling it out to other missions.
Assuming 1.) I can get the changes programmed in today and 2.) PwS updates the mod soon-ish we'll have another testing session tomorrow.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:53 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Gav wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place for it alexander, but you know the way certain weapons can use multiple magazines of the same type (i'm thinking some of the 7.62 rifles), can we remove the duplicate ones? I never know which one is better, and/or if ballistic information is attached to the weapon or the round, so i never know if the new community made ammo or the older CUP stuff, or the BIS stuff if the one i want. Understand?

Gav
This is totally the right place :)  
Removing all the duplicate ammo  is totally something I want to do, but it's very,very time consuming (need to make sure all guns still have the ammo they need) so I'll probably leave all variants in the "default" crate and only do ammo filtering for the "core" crate.
(Due to the smaller number of guns in the "core" crate, it's much more feasible to make sure that everything has ammo -- and even then I messed it up for the first test version xD)

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:57 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Alright, so how do I get the map? :P

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Shameless selfbump, but where I can get the map where it is actually on so I can test things out?

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
From initial testing, it seems like the "two crate" approach is pretty much optimal. One that has everything that doesn't mess with PID and one that only has "recommended" equipment.

If you want to know the launcher you're grabbing is the best one available -- use the "recommended" ("core") crate. 

About the ammo: I'm considering writing a bit of code that replaces items 'on the fly'. E.g. replace customized radios / weird versions of stanag... but that will probably be a few weeks from now.

For now, we'll keep the arsenal unrestricted and do an occasional test here and there to really work out any kinks :) Sorry, but I can't make the mission publicly available since it's not my mission -- I just added the crates :)

Posted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:42 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
RDogg wrote:
Not tried mod yet but will the mod be role specific? Getting real tired of people taking .50 Cal snipers within squads... 

I'll try and help out on the Ammo front, see if I can spend a while going through that.
Not in the current iterations but hopefully we'll do this eventually....I'd probably want to wait and see what sort of cool squad management things BI come up with for 1.42

Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:16 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Melonfish wrote:
Alexander, did you run this before jumping in as Zeus last night? just seen the update for XLA Fixed Arsenal :D

is it ready?
Sort of ;) 

I updated the mod to 1.42 (#bipods) and released that yesterday since there are apparently a few people using the mod that were waiting on DLC-compatibility.
The mod works and we could in theory start to use it. However for our own internal use I want to implement some performance upgrades before I start putting it into the public missions again.

I'm just finishing some last-minute stuff for uni, but after that I'll hopefully have time to implement and test those performance updates in the next few days.

+ New Topic + Post Reply