Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

BPT - Special forces

24 posts in this topic
Posted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:27 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
DeeJay wrote:
I think the only way BPT can be effective is a part of a bigger Plan, but this would involve patience from the other sections at the FOB

Sent from my Phone - Cos That's how I roll..

Yeah and that would require sections and to some degree Troop or COY Command be filled. It would already help if we as members could agree that we should try to fill sections first. While it is easy to point the finger at pubbers. I often see a half full section and 3-4 Marines in a half full BPT.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Nice work. But my question would be why could this not be done as 1-1? Fair enough nobody is online but had sections started filling up can you honestly say you guys would have disengaged and provided support as intended?

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
LessThanDave wrote:
Nice work. But my question would be why could this not be done as 1-1? Fair enough nobody is online but had sections started filling up can you honestly say you guys would have disengaged and provided support as intended?

Yeah, I dont think the situation mentioned works as good advertisement for BPT.

Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I think Cougar his point is that BPT are not really supposed to fire off a shot... they're there for recon, comms and intel :-)

A hard mission for BPT should be running out of tea and digestive biscuits lying immobile under a mud and grass clot covered tarpaulin with muddy rain dripping down your neck and a centipede trying to make friends with your nostril :-)

However I don't have any issue with what you did - as you said, server was empty.

It's when there are struggling 6 and 5 man Sections out there trying to work to Section fire drills and then "BPT" shoot off to do their own Rambo'ing elsewhere that it's disruptive.

Sounds like it would have made some uber footage - did you get Video ?

+ New Topic + Post Reply