+ New Topic + Post Reply

[Feedback wanted] ACE Medical Tweaks

52 posts in this topic
Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (1)
I agree, paks on med vehicles etc.
Any condition on public and stable only on private.
I still think that using paks to distinguish players and medics just means as a medic all you get is players coming up to you demanding a pak because they can't run (Which is normally now because you have wounds in both your legs - ace behaviour.) Or saying just give me a pak because it's quicker. 
Putting paks on stable condition only means the medic still needs to full heal you before you can be reset. 

If the only distinction between a player and a medic is the use of IV then how about we make the use of IV's more important? 
Blood loss speed setting? If you bleed faster you'll need critical fluids by the second engagement. The trick will be to make it so the bleed out isn't too fast. 

Slightly odd, talks to pixels.

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Thanks Hara for the feedback Hara - that's very odd behavior indeed. I'll speak to some of the ACE devs and see if they know anything about it.

Edit: Just noticed you said shot in the head. I'd assume you'd take alot of damage from that, so ACE must handle it by applying multiple injuries to you (I guess it's a workaround).

Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:40 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Donator (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (1)
Can't see a relevant bug tracker on the ace git hub. Is this happening intermittently or Everytime players are shot? Won't be on arma til after the weekend but can help test this then.

Slightly odd, talks to pixels.

Posted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:23 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Pretty weird. I was playing at the same time and we got attacked by infantryand later on by the Shilka. The ammount of wounds people recieved there seemed normal. Some guys got hit and they had normal single wounds in single body parts.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:32 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
I had a long (3 hour+) session leading 1-1 Section / Troop / FAC on the public last night - mission Ursus v12 g1.

Overall I'm pleased to say it felt like an improvement.

Pacing was good and we didn't have long periods of inactivity due to casualties.
We did lose a fair number of people to insta-death, but I didn't hear any of them complaining after they came back as reinforcements.
There was less of a role for the medic to play mainly because of the insta-death - I think in general the balance of 7 to 1 (Section to Medic) was better, and it didn't feel like we were totally reliant on the medic being present, but he still had a role.

Personally I got hit twice - first time resulted in light injuries which I fixed. Second time was further small arms fire which took me down unconscious for about 20s, then I came round and was able to patch myself up. 

For further improvement I'd like to see that when people get badly injured (or after multiple recurring injuries) they should be unable to run, or have continuous pain / low stamina, that only a medic with a PAK, (or any player in a medical vehicle / facility using scripting as we discussed) can cure. This would increase the medic role without making it a game-killer.

This isn't a 100% endorsement of the settings, but it was much more playable and I wasn't left feeling frustrated by the game mechanics at the end of the night, so a definite +1 move in the right direction.
It'll be interesting to see the g2 mission for comparison in due course.

Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:27 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
The ACE3 team do need to make the PAK's more important. The system in ACE2 was great. Each infantry soldier had a small kit of half a dozen bandages and a couple of morphine / epi in their personal kit. In an emergency they could prevent themselves from bleeding out (assuming they weren't insta-killed), or stabilize a comrade until a medic got there. Using epi took a longer time for non-medics, but could still be used. PAKs were the only way of treating broken legs and restoring aim (it used to shake really badly after taking heavy damage so you were largely combat ineffective unless on full auto at close range). It made the medic important, but not vital, which I think is the balance we are hoping to achieve. In order to keep pushing forward, you needed a medic on site to keep people combat effective. However, without a medic, you could at least keep squad members alive to allow a withdrawal or wait for reinforcements / medics to arrive. It also led to the medic running around asking infantry for spare morphine / epi's during longer ops. 

"Never turn down an ale, who knows if it may be your last."

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1)
Pls remove instant death. ty 

My english is very best.

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
something is off / bugged / wrong... damage calculation seems to be far of ...

assaulted an enemy position and got wiped ... damage seemed '1 hit death'

on first approach everyone died to 'granade / rpg' near exitpoint of vehicle ( understandable ) 
on 2nd, more causious .. flanked and surpressed, but ppl died fast seemed '1 hit death'

for testing at base shot 1 friendly with a pistol into the leg ... resulted in multiple large wounds on multiple body parts

for additional testing i packed the guy ... and shot him again with a pistol .. to clear the possibility that it might be a problem with the respawn system, that 'some medical variables dont get reseted properly after respawn' ... same results .. 1 pistol shoot to the knee multiple large wounds 

the guy said 'same problem yesterday' resloting fixes it .... and it did after resloting 1 pistol shoot to the foot crated a single medium wound on the targeted leg like it should 

cheers moeses

gWotD: Gliedermassstab

Last edited by Moeses on Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Thanks for the info Moeses, very useful. I've forwarded this information to the ACE team.

Mission Changed - Feedback Wanted
The mission has now changed to Mission 2 settings. Please take note of the new settings (see first post).

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Evrik wrote:
The ACE3 team do need to make the PAK's more important. The system in ACE2 was great. Each infantry soldier had a small kit of half a dozen bandages and a couple of morphine / epi in their personal kit. In an emergency they could prevent themselves from bleeding out (assuming they weren't insta-killed), or stabilize a comrade until a medic got there. Using epi took a longer time for non-medics, but could still be used. PAKs were the only way of treating broken legs and restoring aim (it used to shake really badly after taking heavy damage so you were largely combat ineffective unless on full auto at close range). It made the medic important, but not vital, which I think is the balance we are hoping to achieve. In order to keep pushing forward, you needed a medic on site to keep people combat effective. However, without a medic, you could at least keep squad members alive to allow a withdrawal or wait for reinforcements / medics to arrive. It also led to the medic running around asking infantry for spare morphine / epi's during longer ops. 

Pretty much this. I also dont get why they removed something that was once in CSE. It was more or less the way it was in ACE3 with the addition that non-medics could use the paks (and have the same bonuses of a medic) if they were inside a medical vehicle or building. So even when face a situation were all medics are down or not around, you could still organize a MEDEVAC vehicle and solve the situation with it. That kept the flow up and also added another small layer of depth to it.

+ New Topic + Post Reply