121 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Benzy wrote:
I have a small petition if you will to add, would it be possible to add a single small eastern weapon pack to stage 2? This is mostly for TvT operations as while most of the A3 vanilla AAF weapons are okay some of them really just are not up to par. A nice rifle such as an AK would be great over the F2000 and the AAF desperately need an AR and a Machinegun that are actually capable, for 3 rounds in two different OPs i have taken the MK200 AAF AR and it is almost completely inadequate to the Blufor FN minimi, the FN has almost two times the fire rate, far superior accuracy at all ranges up to 800 meters (From my testing), better sights less weight to lug around and far less recoil. There is honestly no advantage with the MK200, even its 6.5Mil rounds which should do more damage 2/3 times take one more bullet than the FN to kill making it completely useless and it is just a horrible gun to take, a good AR is critical to a squad and the MK200 simply does not make the cut i would be far happier even just being given the MX SW.

IndI also does not have access to a heavy MG such as the M240 which limits our mission making potential as they can have no real weapon squads, as i stated above despite the MK200 posing as an LMG which should be in the middle of the two Blufor guns mentioned it is completely outperformed by both and holds no real advantage over either. With a proper MMG/LMG available to IndI we would be able to add some more flavour to our TvTs, there are a large number of guns we could go with from traditional Russian weapons such as the RPK/RPD, PK/PKP or we could use variants of modernised European weaponry such as the MG3 as the other AAF weapons hail from. Some of these weapons also offer smaller magazines and reduced size variants ie. the RPK meaning they could easily be used as a squad AR as well.

My two cents and something i hope we consider, obviously as a British group British guns have to come first but i feel that having some modern fireams in the hands of the other team is also something important to "Who we are" as it adds a lot for myself in terms of feeling that we should be using L85's and dare i say actually using these guns. It would also help the AAF a lot in TvTs (You can tell i enjoy playing them can't you)

I was intending to bring this up at the last meeting but i am usually busy on Monday nights so this seemed the best place for it.

(I am aware this is currently under stage 5 but i feel that given its value to gameplay it may be beneficial to either move it up, or failing that give a number of members the task of looking for a pack that could satisfy our needs such as a variety but not flood of choice, vigorous bug RPT and script testing to ensure no errors - obviously one of the most important aspects and the one most people fail when they throw weapons at us going look these look cool and ensuring that we have a mod meeting the quality we are ensuring is attached to those packs we adopt so that at least we have an idea of what weapons may be implemented)

Good points Benzy.
Right at this moment I would say addition of more mods / testing is currently locked down while we wait for BIS to fix multiplayer because without that stable base we can't detect new mod issues. Very frustrating as we'd all like to get on with it.

However, now is probably a good time to start looking into what should be included in Phase 5 - "Enemy Forces", as we're not all that far from getting there.
Serjames has recommended some good ones to me (he is the ORACLE) - perhaps we can have a general discussion as to what we want and the priority order for testing and inclusion? I can then update the testing list with some details.

In fact, it's easy for anyone to select their favourite mod, run it as the only mod in single player, use the modded units/gear/vehicles and then check their RPT files for errors. Obviously we're looking for clean logs or feedback to mod authors requesting fixes. That can start happening now for anyone that wants to help. If we're presented with a mod that has been tested and shows no errors it's far more likely to get included in the list quickly.

Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
To build on Apollo's point, find your favourite Opfor / Indi / Guerilla units and test them in SP.. take some good screenshots of them and post up what you think :-)

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Came across this thread again from another post, just posting what seems to be the consensus that was established last week:
Trixie's Weapons Pack has been identified as a source of mass-CTD's. This is not caused by the armoury or by trixie<->armory interactions, as the armoury does not cause mass-CTD's when running without trixie and trixie without armoury still causes mass-CTD's.
Since removing trixie, the server has been incredibly stable, apart from the expected performance loss when running Patrol Ops without a Headless Client (Q: How many milkshakes does it take to get HC running?).

I'm personally surprised by the ability of a "simple" gear mod to cause that many problems. With that in mind, I'd suggest to re-focus testing on the server on phases 3,4&5 while we wait for a) our own modding efforts and b) the ArmA2:BAF port.
It seems like sunday's op will be using the "new" All-in-arma mod for the first time, it'd be great if we could get that tested a bit before we go into sundays op.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:50 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Alexander wrote:
Trixie's Weapons Pack has been identified as a source of mass-CTD's. This is not caused by the armoury or by trixie<->armory interactions, as the armoury does not cause mass-CTD's when running without trixie and trixie without armoury still causes mass-CTD's.
Since removing trixie, the server has been incredibly stable, apart from the expected performance loss when running Patrol Ops without a Headless Client (Q: How many milkshakes does it take to get HC running?).

This may not be 100% proven. We're now testing another weapon mod on the server to check what happens.
Details here: Public Server Feedback Thread

Alexander wrote:
I'm personally surprised by the ability of a "simple" gear mod to cause that many problems. With that in mind, I'd suggest to re-focus testing on the server on phases 3,4&5 while we wait for a) our own modding efforts and b) the ArmA2:BAF port.

Agreed and this is already happening. I'm currently preparing a version of Insurgency on Takistan using the AllinArma Terrain Pack right now and it should be on the public server within a few days.

Posted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:38 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Zargabad = lag fest in A3MP, have you tested it in AllinArma?

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:15 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Apollo on the roadmap we have the challenger 2 being the RKSL version, I have just noticed this little beauty by Burnes is very close to completion, Burns Challenge 2.  Thought I would let you know.

Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Andy1 wrote:
Apollo on the roadmap we have the challenger 2 being the RKSL version, I have just noticed this little beauty by Burnes is very close to completion, Burns Challenge 2.  Thought I would let you know.

Thanks - updated original post.

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:30 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Spotted this....

OFP2_ManSkeleton from rpt can be solving by DeRtm and binarizing the rtm again with A3 model.cfg definition of OFP2_ManSkeleton.

Now I'm not sure what that means but I know some clever people who do....

SJ

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Spotted this....

Voice stop... finally it seems it only works on Players

here

Posted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:05 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Just another spot following on SJ, don't know if anyone has seen this... EODs IED

Unlike the IED script we used previously with this you can set it off yourself, or you can set it up so that a spotter sets it off.  You can also arm and bury the IEDs.  The bits that they have in the pipe line are also amazing, EOD robots, working metal detectors the jamming devices to stop the IED from working plus sniffer dogs....

+ New Topic + Post Reply