3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

A3 Mod Roadmap Discussion

121 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:52 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
The inventory overlay is something different (that's attachments on guns).

But I'm pretty sure you can get your mod's icon displayed next to an item (yes, in the arsenal) by simply setting "dlc=[CfgMods classname of mod]"
I'll try that later tonight or tomorrow

Posted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Update: Yep, doing so worked. I'm not sure if there's a way to make it work with just a mod.cpp (not quite obvious what you'd put down as "classname") but getting a valid CfgMod entry to work was a lot less painful then I expected it to be!
(for testing I just added a testing_bincoluar: Binocular { dlc = "XLA_FixedArsenal"; }; item. See below :)

Posted: Mon May 04, 2015 8:15 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Reddan wrote:

Found this today... On Byrnes youtube page... 

Another clan I know was using this and they were not really happy with the mod. This is also one of those mods that work for 1-2 events and will sit unused in the corner for the rest of the year.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:03 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Have they added vehicle radio's yet?

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:57 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Apollo wrote:
Nope. I keep asking that question with every big release and it's always the same sort of "Nope, but we're planning on doing that...eventually"

It's a real shame that it doesn't seem to be a priority to them because I personally couldn't care less about the 25th page of the 8th submenu in the 9th mode of some radio's UI but I really, really want to see high-power vehicle radios so that we can communicate across the distances we typically see on the public server.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:49 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Alexander wrote:
Apollo wrote:
Nope. I keep asking that question with every big release and it's always the same sort of "Nope, but we're planning on doing that...eventually"

It's a real shame that it doesn't seem to be a priority to them because I personally couldn't care less about the 25th page of the 8th submenu in the 9th mode of some radio's UI but I really, really want to see high-power vehicle radios so that we can communicate across the distances we typically see on the public server.

Same here.

When I checked their last release, I was disappointed with some things. I have no doubt that the the radio communication itself is excelent and probably superior to TFAR, but they lack content in other important fields. No vehicle radios and no real backpack radios. Also while this is a minor thing, the radio interface is pretty ugly.

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:54 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
We could always try and code our own ? I believe the API is open ?

We could get the Bowman system configured. So we need someone who can interpret the API and create a config and someone who can build a pretty UI.

That goes for Vehicles, backpacks and PRRs (you see what I did there Mike ;-) )

Posted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Benzy wrote:
People are surprised they are fixing the mod and trying to make it work superbly before adding huge amounts of content.
It's not about the development speed, it's about the development priorities. They seem to care more about intricate details of each radio's UI rather than implementing things that impact 'normal' gameplay.

It's as if somebody was making an aircraft mod and then spent several months to fine-tune their simulation of loading missiles onto the vehicle (with a full simulation of loading carts, hard-points, adapters, etc) but neglected to put in any missiles other than a single sidewinder variant. While that deep level of simulation is nice, I'd much rather have an aircraft that I can actually use in *all* missions rather than just air-to-air TvT's.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:26 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
RDogg wrote:
Quote:
Just need Alive to index it...

With the Alive devs, is it just a case of "Nudge Nudge Wink Wink" or is it a case of waiting? Some good maps out there could really do with being indexed.
The ALiVE devs work in mysterious ways. But in general they won't index maps that are still undergoing rapid iterations. I.e. a map has to reach a 'stable' release before it gets indexed.
The fact that you're always reliant on the ALiVE gods to index maps for you is one of the main disadvantages of using the mod.

Posted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:54 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
I know it's not high on the list Apollo but the phase 2 documentation needs changing to something that looks like:
--- British Kit / Weapons --- 
Uniform                            @3cb_units                                              IN                                                           
Vest@3CB_EquipmentIN
Backpack@3CB_EquipmentIN
Green Beret@3CB_EquipmentIN
Section Weapons@3CB_WeaponsIN
Javelin@3CB_WeaponsIN

and well you know what the Javelin will be shortly...

Last edited by Andy1 on Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

+ New Topic + Post Reply