78 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
DangerousDiz wrote:
With the static HMG when it's built and moved to an upper floor. Subsequent raising and lowering teleports the weapon to ground level and can cause the player in the Gunner to glitch into the floor.
Thanks DangerousDiz, bug report added to our tracker.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Reviving a semi-dead thread for a quick report I discovered recently

Whilst messing around in the VA, spotted a difference with a couple of the helmets.

The Osprey Mk7 both (F) and (E) variants are a tighter, more realistic looking, fit to the avatar's head. And I'm going to go ahead and assume these two are the originals from STALKERGB's pack, because it does look very familiar to them. And again I'm going to assume that the increase of size for all the other variants are to fit the Headsets for the (A) variants, but would it be possible to keep\reduce the same size\diameter\width etc etc of the other Mk7's to the (E) and (F) variants?

Comparing the (F) Variant here to the (D) variant just to give an example of the difference (apologies for the dead inside look of the avatar lol)

Mk7 Osprey (D) left, which is the same size\model as all the others excluding both (E) and (F). And the (F) variant beneath it
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Also something off the topic of helmets, I was rewatching SJ's new uniform modding stream and noticed that the names of the two DPM patterns are incorrect and need to be switched out. The "DPM" should be CS95 DPM, and the "CS95 DPM" with the browner tint should be renamed to "DPM-68"

This is DPM-68 which was named "CS95 DPM" in SJ's modding stream

And this is CS-95 DPM or DPM-95 which was named "DPM" in the modding stream. Just a quick change of words and a slight thing I noticed!

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:23 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Sanders, have you any idea how many different variations of DPM there are even within the same pattern?

It would be unrealistic to include all of them.

Just off the top of my head I can think of 15 that I have come across. I'm sure that there is more than that.

There is about 5 variations of trops alone.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
There's three official "woodland" DPM patterns used by army and other branches, 68, 95 and one other I can't remember.

No worries mate, I'm not asking for the mod team to include all of the official and un-official ones, just that the two that have been added are the wrong names and can be easily fixed by switching the name.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
We're very close to release, but getting the camo names wrong would be a serious error and actually probably not as straight forward to fix as it might appear either.

I find it unlikely that Evrik et al would have made such a basic error in the camo naming, so can you catch him on TS to discuss urgently please, so we can check thoroughly against your knowledge?

In order to avoid confusion by referring to a video, here is a current screen shot showing the 4 camo types labelled up:

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:14 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Simple stuff really. With the image above, the variant labelled as "CS95 DPM" should be DPM-68, as the pattern and colour looks very, very similar to DPM-68.

While the other variant, labelled as "DPM" should be CS-95 DPM or simply DPM-95.

And sure, I'll catch Evrik on TS at some point, or Steam if he ever logs on lol

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Thanks, I understand what you believe it to be, and you could well be correct, but Evrik presumably won't agree (unless it is a genuine mistake which no one else has noticed over several months of developing), so we need you both to have a discussion about it in person. I'm not aware that he's on holiday so you should see him one evening this week if you're around too. Perhaps Wednesday before/after the Op.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Modder
Public Mission Admin
Advanced Trainer
Recruit Trainer
Server Admin
Operations Design Team
Site Admin
Game Admin
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Training Team (1) Zeus Operations (2)
Mission Designer (5) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Armour] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5)
Sanders.  We're not experts at camo patterns,  so the names and patterns all come from sources on the web or info from serving / ex-serving contacts.  

I'm willing to admit we have it wrong, but only if I see actual evidence to support the claim ie named photos etc.

It's a huge change and one I'll only agree to if I can be convinced by irrefutable evident.

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
I really don't care either way. How it is currently labelled was based on comments from people better in the know than I was when we originally began making the older camouflages. It was a group decision. We even ditched doing the DPM-68 as the camouflage sections out there weren't of a sufficient quality to expand into a uniform texture. The original swatch I used for CS95 DPM was entitled CS95 DPM, and there are other mods out there that use the same pattern and call it CS95 DPM as well.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29996

It is possible that both it and the greener woodland DPM are both swatches of the same pattern, just with slightly different colourings. As Robbie says, there are about 15 different variants of DPM patterns of different ages, styles and manufacturers.

I was using these as a reference images of one sort of pre-MTP camouflage used by the Royal Marines:

Image  Image

Which is obviously different from the old DPM-68 and DPM 96 pattern:

Image Image

We also haven't done the tropical DPM either:

Posted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:32 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Yeah, no worries! I'm going off of experience from harrogate and catterick 2013-14 and previous experiences wearing CS95 DPM but that was a while ago Image

I was only pointing it out because when I, and everyone else I was with, was wearing the CS95 DPM pattern and had never seen the other pattern around. So a common sight was the pattern in these images:

Everyone and their mothers labelled the uniform as the bog standard CS95 DPM's, and again, I had never seen this colour DPM pattern:
before so I just thought it was an error\typo which could have been easily fixed but wasn't noticed by the team.

Genuinely had no idea that it'd be a massive change, only thinking it could just be renamed but then again I'm no scripter\modder so I can't say. Just that, in my eyes and opinion, I think that the DPM-95 pattern named as "DPM" should be renamed as CS-95 DPM or DPM-95 because I think that colour pallet and pattern is the actual DPM-95 pattern and do consider it to be the "official" DPM pattern used by the army and other groups. I've got my old DPM kit from harrogate somewhere in the house if you want a proper look\evidence on it !Image I do think that if you ask a lot of other current serving\ex-serving members they'd agree with me. And I am putting all my army knowledge and experience behind to put more weight to my side

Edit: Will be on TS if anyone wants to drag me in somewhere to have a discussion about this rather than clogging up the thread

+ New Topic + Post Reply