Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

3CB Equipment Pack - Feedback and Bug Reports

78 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Sanders wrote:
Isn't that camo exactly what the pattern and colour is on for the NATO Tropical Units from Apex?
 pretty much mate

Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Not sure if this is the correct thread for a request, or if I should make a separate thread whole, but here we go.

Cam cream\Facepaint has been up for discussion for a while, especially considering the Marksman DLC where Bohemia added their own facepaint (which are all wrong and look atrocious imo). I stumbled across a mod which is actually pretty decent, unfortunately it's made by Serbians\Germans, and I was hoping our own modders would make something similar to what they've made. Or maybe even use the mod, but I consider it to be fairly over-complicated for something so simple.

The way the Camofaces mod works is that you have three items through ACE interact, and they're different sticks of cam cream. Serbian, American and some other. Each item has different types of pattern on it, max is 3 and one of them only gives 1. You use ACE interact to select the Face Paint choice, and it brings up a window with a notebook and a small window with your characters face on it in real time. You have three separate sections. American, Serbian and Serbian again. Once you select a section, three sub choices show up, or one. For the mod, you can't preview the pattern until you put all the layers on. The layers process is ridiculous imo and takes too long (you have to choose green, wait 3 seconds, then brown, wait three seconds and then black which is instant but takes too long) and if you decide you don't like the pattern, you have a sponge on the bottom of the cam cream container and it removes it.

Previews of the different patterns

Spoiler

More preview images.
Spoiler

And I'm just asking, would it be possible if we were to make something similar to this? Maybe not so over complicated.

Something like we have this
As the basis, and have your characters face on the mirror in realtime, using the A3 Camera system, and have a scroll selection to the right of the different patterns you could put on your avatars face, and when you select a pattern you can select a button which'd say <Preview> on it, and it'd proceed to show what it looks like on the mirror. If you don't like the pattern, you can choose another of have a choice which'd be <No Pattern> and it defaults to your vanilla face. The pattern would be a third-party texture and simply overlays over the player avatar's face. And, once you've decided on a pattern, you'd click on <Select> and the texture\pattern would be placed over your character avatar's face.

Example patterns:
Spoiler

Again, this is only a small\minor request. I completely understand if the mod team don't have the time\can't be bothered to do something like this! Image

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:04 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=27113

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Could I advise that you make this suggestion on there mod page on the BI thread, it seems like they are updating regularly and may be inclined to include some British variant.  It would be a lot faster than us trying to reverse engineer their mod.

Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Had a look on the thread and they've come across some problem that bohemia has made and they can't work their way around it. Also they rarely update, and it seems to be a pretty dead mod. One of the reasons why I asked for this suggestion lol
It's no worries if you can't, obviously. This was just something I had in mind that the modders could put together. Really the main reason for the request is to have more variations of camcream available to us for that immersive experience

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Site Admin
Server Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
iam not sure if this is already mentioned, but on the public server in the virtual arsenal the 3cb logo isnt showing on the 3cb gear.
i tested in the singleplayer virtual arsenal and its working there. not sure if this is a server or mod problem.
(and the logfile is flooded with image not found errors, actually iam running with nologs so i cant paste it now, but seen this alot whille doing techsupport)

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
For some reason, it is being affected by the restricted arsenal mod that runs on the Public server to whitelist what you can actually select in that arsenal. We looked into it ahead of releasing the hotfix, but couldn't see a simple solution, and we couldn't afford to hold the hotfix back any longer as we really needed to fix the vest protection issue. If you run a multiplayer mission without the restricted arsenal, it is fine. We probably need to have a word with Alexander if we can.

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:11 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1)
Something that mefirst pointed out and is also visible for me is that the dpm chest rigs seem really lightly coloured when at a distance see in screenshot here:

Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 11:16 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
reV wrote:
iam not sure if this is already mentioned, but on the public server in the virtual arsenal the 3cb logo isnt showing on the 3cb gear.
i tested in the singleplayer virtual arsenal and its working there. not sure if this is a server or mod problem.
(and the logfile is flooded with image not found errors, actually iam running with nologs so i cant paste it now, but seen this alot whille doing techsupport)

Thanks rev.
This is now fixed on our development build, ready for the next release.

Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
More bugs

Some chinstraps of the shown helmets are bugged. Comparing the SCRIM A variant to the SCRIM B variant.
Also noticed that the chinstrap seethrough bug only occurs on the "Vanilla" SCRIM model. I.e the stupid ripped up bog roll SCRIM cover

Image Image

Image Image

Also, only the SCRIM E variant of the Mk 7 has a seethrough void to the rear of the helmet. Seen here
Image Image

And this is the black void I was talking about from the Sep 2016 Equipment Bug report thread. However, the Smocks fit the Mk2 Osprey vests near perfectly. Not the same perfection as the MTP vests, but closer than this.
Image Image Image Image Image

That one lad from Essex.

+ New Topic + Post Reply