Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

Public server starting to get noticed

Had a good game on the public server tonight lads, we even had quite a few pubbies join us too.

18 people on the public server :D

All grids green.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
So i guess you all used overpowered things to clear those grids. :p Like the RC Buggy, and the UAV's or Artillery Tanks. :p

Posted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:45 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Niko wrote:
So i guess you all used overpowered things to clear those grids. :p Like the RC Buggy, and the UAV's or Artillery Tanks. :p

We cleared all the Alpha grids with just infantry. Just south of those were the Bravo grids which we cleared with the help of Benzy and his toys :P

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:33 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
32 people on public server.

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:44 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1)

Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:59 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Jamie I modded the EOS openme to 350 m - Spawns are much more realistic, didn't notice any specific slow downs, BUT can you make sure we're running the latest Patrol and fortify scripts - it's 1.9 I didn't want to change anything else just in case but it does look like we're on an older EOS version.

Check here http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20262

Basically the Enemy AI are behaving strangely they just lie or stand in buildings and try and snipe you through the wall it's weird !

I hope to GOD they fix the 100 bullets needed to kill the Enemy too, that's wearing thin.

Still spotted lots of Iranians running around too, probably one of the parameters wrong somewhere in the EOS openme file

SJ

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:04 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Thanks James. Coincidently I was talking to Whiplash and a few other guys last night about setting the spawn distance to 350m at the least.

I didn't know we were running an older version of EOS, thanks for spotting that. Will update tonight.

I checked the server logs last night to see if I could find the source of what's causing the framerate drop - turns out that in just one hour the server had written over 100mb worth of errors :shock:

About 90% of those errors are about missing configs or missing objects which is more than likely to do with people running mods and Altis causing trouble (Beta version of the map). I'm going to try running the server with the -noLogs parameter since writing 100mb of errors every hour may be bottle necking the hard drive.

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:02 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
350 - Cool - smart minds think alike eh !!

The newer 1.9version adds some more configurable parameters I believe, and also uses better Scripts for the AI once they actually spawn in. We found they weren't really interacting with their environment much - just standing or lying in the house (now that MIGHT have something to do with being on a non "VETERAN" Difficulty setting, which I suppose we ought to change, or it might be that they're just running a crap script.... either way work a try to upgrade.

I've restricted my MOD intake, much to my distaste, to Client mods only - i.e. Interface tweaks, so i know it's not me :-) (will revert to full Dress-up glory once it goes live and we start getting some core 3CB looks confirmed - i.e. the NATO packs (uniforms and Weapons)

Probably not worth worrying about it till launch but we ought to study those logs more probably as they help a lot with Managing stuff like that.

TBH when WarBie and me were playing last night, the average 30fps I was getting was good and smooth, very playable - Obviously I'd prefer higher, but I think good considering

SJ

+ New Topic + Post Reply