3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
14 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Media Man (1) Recruiter (1)
Donator (1) Media Team (1) Operations Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)

Virgin Run | First time on the public server

My first time on the public server.. Lot of new ways to do things..

Part 1 og 2

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:48 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
Thanks for posting this Ace!

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:35 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Weapons Operator (1)
A bit later

Part 2 of 2

“Relax. Look around. Make a call.”

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:59 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
f**k ... someone recorded that ... =/ 

ok .. note to myself use more swear words and foul language around brewer, to be cuted out =)

cheers moeses 

gWftA: informationelle Selbstbestimmung

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:49 pm     Super secret spam barrier

lol i recorded it too

Good vids btw ace :)

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:05 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Weapons Operator (1)
Day two..

“Relax. Look around. Make a call.”

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:03 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
( day 2 was posted while writing this, belongs above day2 ) 

-.- , =( 

hate it .... usually i swear or curse a lot around youtubers to not get recorded, or to get edited out. it leads to them avoiding me so they dont need to spend the extra time editing my foul language out, works like a charm =)

what you don't see in the videos it how leads to it, and to rectify my self  .... 

1-1 was going to insert to a town via heli and catched some AA (shilka) on the way in. So 1-1 deployed with some distance to town, waited for our AT to be inserted via chopper again and started a longer walk towards that town ... the AT+2 where send to deal with the AA and flank town .. on that longer walk towards town talk came up about marching songs to kill some time, that i (1-1-c) plainly ignored at that point because i had to organise that at+2 and shilka thing ... after we cleared the town and secured the HVT for that objective we where forced to make a longer hike back and used a tank for that ... and again the 'marching song' topic came up ... i asked if there are tank related marching songs and someone said 'of course the germans have something like a panzer song' .. so a quick google 'panzer lied' did the trick and i spread the youtube link and organised a syncronised playback of the song ...  

in hindsight not a good idea =( it shines a strange light on me and maybe also at 3CB =/

If that whole shebang wasn't recorded it would have stayed a stupid thing between me and the guys in the tank forgotten in 1..2 weeks and mangled by word of mouth into a 'not sure what really happened' and i would be fine with it. now its recorded and became a 'oh there is nazi suff going on' thing without all the parts that lead up to it =/

now to open that meta can of worms .... 

i prefer not to be recorded and published and consider the actions on the public server as a spare time activity with next to none educational, commercial, or artistic value just some guys shooting at stuff. 

Being Recorded changes behaviour in people, some might start to 'Show off' (leroying) some 'dim down' (less initiative) but they stop being them self.

But I also see that a professional youtuber can be of great benefit it puts 3CB out there. He can be used to produce  commercial / artistic / educational  material and is free advertisement =)

cheers moeses

gWftA: Zwickmühle

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:18 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Look from my POV no harm was done here.

You guys were having fun - anything "Nazi" was purely tongue in cheek - we all get that. So please don't worry.

Anyway German tank songs are cool.. :-) They just are 

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:27 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Weapons Operator (1)
Moeses wrote:
in hindsight not a good idea =( it shines a strange light on me and maybe also at 3CB =/

If that whole shebang wasn't recorded it would have stayed a stupid thing between me and the guys in the tank forgotten in 1..2 weeks and mangled by word of mouth into a 'not sure what really happened' and i would be fine with it. now its recorded and became a 'oh there is nazi suff going on' thing without all the parts that lead up to it =/

I don't see it that way and therefore I put it in there video. All that I have seen so far is a great bunch of guys playing professional even when it's on a public server.

I've always tried to make honest videos that showed all the serious stuff and all of the fun stuff that goes when you playing realistic Arma.

I'm a big believer in one should act as it was in real life and one is accountable for what he or she says even online as in real life.

If 3 Commando Brigade has some guidelines for what and when it is allowed to record a I will do my best to follow them.

Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:43 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
When it comes to recording on the public server I think there is so far the rule that you are free to record and upload videos. If that is wrong or incorrect, please correct me.

I agree that you have to think of your actions and how the maybe look for some other people. If you say something on the server you are accountable for what you say or do.  Complaining about being recorded why you say or do something you maybe regret later is not the fault of the person who is recording it. To me that looks as silly as the people who park in the wrong spot and complain about getting a ticket because they got caught. The "Panzerlied" is not forbidden by german law and the german army still has it in its songbooks btw. I personally think the song is stupid and I dont really like it

When it comes to recordings. I will usually always announce them on private missions, but not on the public server. The main reason is that I often have Dxtory running in the background in case something nice is happening. Beside that people can act different when recorded, while I cant remember anyone doing something stupid or extraordinayry just because he was recorded. I can also only remember cutting something out from a video when 1-2 people did nothing but complaining about some unrelated stuff to the mission in the first 15 minutes of a private ops.

There is no war to end all wars.

+ New Topic + Post Reply