+ New Topic + Post Reply
36 posts in this topic
Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (6) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (3) Leadership (1)
Operation Medal (4)

Sunday Operation. Round 3(?)

My full video of Round 3:

I was the Blufor LMG on the southern edge of the town, I knocked the power supply out and pushed up on my own towards the town. Found myself in a spot of bother, props to Shogun for rescuing me in the Chinook

Last edited by Tls_Cud on Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:34 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Not sure what's going on with my mic, I was replying to you in the chopper and over the radio. Weird

Through shame I didn't record my view of this. Chute opened pretty much level with the ridge line, so I know I was in cover from the town, not sure if it was de-sync but i had no control once my chute was open. I couldn't steer or slow down and hit the ground at about 60 kph. If you'd found me you would've had to scrape me off the the side of the valley.

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:55 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
I might be blind but I think you're hitting the ass end of my gun which prevents me from getting hit? :D I mean it might could be the case we all know that bullets can ping off guns. And You're clearly not a 100% on my head there. Otherwise you hit me a couple of times after that. Dunno but in the end it's just a game Poto ;)

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:56 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:01 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
LessThanDave wrote:

Christ that engagement was embarrassing from both sides. Hilarious afterwards, though.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:07 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5)
Do you mean at the end? :D Yeah I panicked sorry BLUFOR guys who were with me I abandoned everything to save myself (Which didn't even work out in the end.)

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:30 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
We were (on INDIE) using the worst tactic for a scenario like this. This may sound cynical but the biggest mistake was trying to play as a normal section. The funny thing that this is one of the cases where realism and gameplay tactics are closer together as you think. About 74 years ago some germans tried to conquer the city of Stalingrad and they had huge issues against the infantry tactics from the russian army which changed their tactics. They divided their infantry into small fighting groups consisting of 2-3 people armed with automatic weapons and hand grenades and that worked very well. Similar tactics also work pretty well in TvT/PvP in most first person shooters. You are more flexible and if things go wrong you dont end up loosing 90% or worst of a section.

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:44 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Recruitment Manager
Game Admin
Site Admin
Advanced Trainer
Operations Design Team
Modder
Operations Coordinator

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Training Team (1) Retired (1)
Frag of the match (1) Zeus Operations (3) Mission Designer (4)
Leadership (2) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
Mefirst wrote:
We were (on INDIE) using the worst tactic for a scenario like this. This may sound cynical but the biggest mistake was trying to play as a normal section. The funny thing that this is one of the cases where realism and gameplay tactics are closer together as you think. About 74 years ago some germans tried to conquer the city of Stalingrad and they had huge issues against the infantry tactics from the russian army which changed their tactics. They divided their infantry into small fighting groups consisting of 2-3 people armed with automatic weapons and hand grenades and that worked very well. Similar tactics also work pretty well in TvT/PvP in most first person shooters. You are more flexible and if things go wrong you dont end up loosing 90% or worst of a section.

So that's where the 360 no scope whilst jumping up and down came from :)

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:53 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Nemiuk wrote:
Mefirst wrote:

So that's where the 360 no scope whilst jumping up and down came from :)

also 360 no scope starve and freeze to death. :)

But yeah the situation where a entire section from INDIE got wiped in a few seconds was a prime example.

So you are stacked at a fence or a wall? Would be a shame if something would happen to you...like one or two guys coming up and shooting all of you. :D

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:21 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Operations Design Team

Ribbons:
Service Medal (2) Media Man (1) Donator (1)
Mission Designer (3) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Operation Medal (4)
Round 1 as Indy

Round 2 as BLUFOR. 

+ New Topic + Post Reply