3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
10 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:09 am     Super secret spam barrier

16 Air Assult and 3 Commando

Read something which shocked me the other day... The governments proposed plans to merge 3 commando with 16 para. This is apsolout madness I'm my opinion. I would like to know what other people think of this... Also if like me you want to stop this then there is petition going round... https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/209564

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Mission Designer (1) Public Regular (1)
It was part of the govt. defence cuts. They proposed 3 options to save £ (below). Defence secretary Gavin Williamson deemed them unacceptable and rejected all three options, but now has to "find an alternative fix to the MoD funding crisis".

Still not 100% going to happen, but there is always a chance. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and that the armed forces don't get gutted.

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:04 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Thanks for the full explanation, it would be such a shame especially looking at the amount of ships and helos the want to cut... :((

Posted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:16 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Leadership (1) Operation Medal (2)
Jesus those would be some drastic cuts. That would wipe out our armed forces and turn us into a defence force. Let’s buy brand new wildcats and then scrap them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:39 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I dunno. I think a Nuc deterrent right now is key to keeping put in in check. His last exercise. (Way bigger than anything NATO have ran since that lion thingy in ‘84) was simulated around a First strike using tactical nukes. Eek [emoji51]

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I see your point SJ about the nuc deteraint but to me it seems like a massive over spend on something we may never and hopefully will never have to use

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:18 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Corporal
Corporal
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Media Team (1)
Ribbon Team (1) Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
BenFen wrote:
I see your point SJ about the nuc deteraint but to me it seems like a massive over spend on something we may never and hopefully will never have to use

@BenFen, that's what I say to myself every time I renew my insurance policies. 

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:37 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder
Operations Design Team
Public Mission Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Modding Team (1) Mission Designer (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (5) Weapons Operator (1)
'Have it and don't need it' vs 'need it and don't have it'. I know which one I prefer. Ask Ukraine if they now wish they'd hung onto the Soviet arsenal following the collapse rather than handing them all back to Russia. I think we know the answer.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3)
Potentially 59 cap badges lost. Madness.

Though suggesting we rid of Trident, in itself, is mental. As others said above, it's better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it. Not only does it effect us on a global military scale, but a political one, too. With Brexit so close, cutting Trident would make us the laughing stock of the world. Reasons why I don't need to explain, since I'm sure all of you know full well lol

It's good that these options have been thrown out the window, but the forces haven't jumped out the pot just yet. Still a big threat of having a significant cut. One I hope will never happen, but almost guaranteed to occur, sadly enough. 

Most of the cnuts in Whitehall need the sack, and Carter needs to be gone. He's not got enough of a spine to stand up to the politicians. Dumb enough to support that abysmal recruitment drive with the new advert, wasting £1.6 mil, when it should've been spent on a simple advert like the ones we got early 2000's, and putting funding into local recruitment offices! Spoken to a good bunch of lads who're thinking about joining the forces, but these new adverts have put them off completely, including the fear of the budget cuts. Had this been a couple years ago, I'd willingly tell them to join regardless. Now I've not the heart to do it, and I'm dead certain a few would make fantastic troops.

You'd think the party "For the troops" would actually care about them. Pathetic.

That one lad from Essex.

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:01 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I wasn't suggesting we get rid of trident, I was meaning a reduction in the development and spending costs of it

+ New Topic + Post Reply