Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
7 posts in this topic
Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Donator (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (2)

Greetings from an old Operation Flashpoint player

Hello!

Few of you may have seen me on your servers recently, and hopefully more in the coming days/weeks/months. I've been with Bohemia since the start with Operation Flashpoint and all 3 versions of Arma, playing -and hosting- multiplayer Flashpoint on a 14.4 dial up modem!

Been through a few clans over the years, most of them faded away so I had to move on. Few initials if anyone recognizes them: TA, OT, TWB, WB, TWC, SO.
The last clan (Strategic Outcomes) I started up with a bunch of other Arma3 players and ran for about 2 years before people faded away to other games, and so far 3CB is the nearest I can find to what our gamestyle and direction was - large dynamic heavily modded missions with organised units and responsive air support with no lone wolfing. We didn't have Ace and ACRE as they weren't released for A3 yet, but were used to them from Arma2 and really missed them.

So I've got experience running a clan, our own dedicated server, repositorys, forums, and playing Arma tactically as there were a lot of military and ex-military in the clans I've been in so far who we used as clan trainers.  It also means I sometime find myself giving orders out of turn and taking control of situations, which I'm trying not to do now. I've been there, done that and just want to take a back seat and enjoy some squad based combat again.

I've been away from Arma3 for almost 2 years (part of why my last clan dissolved) so I'm very rusty, this is my first exposure to the new Ace and a lot of the mods you run. I used to be a fairly decent pilot, but I've lost my edge (and nerve) and need to get my confidence back, and maybe relearn on joystick as I used to fly keyboard/mouse quite successfully. (Have an X52 Pro now I got for Elite Dangerous).

I have been on your servers before a year or 2 ago, and recognise a couple of names from your higher ranked members, but they probably won't remember me. I also recognise a name or two from my past clans, and tags some people have been wearing on your server from other clans.

Don't know what my end-game is, I've know quite a few people in other clans I'm going to go play with too, but what I've seen so far on 3CB I like - just a bit shocked I had to download something like 40GB of mods just to get on the public server! Hard to persuade other friends to come on and join me.

Anyway. Hello. I'm Zach. Old git (40's), Brit (Oxon) and will see you on the servers. Say hello, I don't bite.

~Z~

P.S. And just for the sake of it, I game on triple monitors using TrackIR. It's awesome!

Posted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:47 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Hello :3

There is no war to end all wars.

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:00 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (4) Public Regular (1)
Hey man .... 

.. good times yesterday on the public, hope to see you again =) 

cheers moeses

gWotD: Handschuhe

Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:50 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Hey bud, always good to see new faces

See you on the battlefield

Parker 3CB

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:38 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Asset Medal [Armour] (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (2)
Quiet lengthy "résumé" but i like it :D

The most annoyng thing about ARMA franchise isin't the bugs; The the worst thing is: You don't have better option.

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:12 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:

Ribbons:
Service Medal (1) Donator (1) Public Regular (1)
Operation Medal (2)
Thought I'd bump my old Introduction up instead of writing a new one.  I only lasted a few months with you guys when I first joined before real life ruined my gaming fun.  When I returned, I was into other new stuff, and single player games, and never picked up Arma again, but always wanted to.

I'm here for the company, immersion, for plans being changed at first contact with the enemy, for crazy LZ's and hot extractions.

Just finished my first game in Arma3 for 5 years, Wednesdays public op.  I didn't die, didn't shoot any friendlies and only misfired once (twice).  Only lost my squad on the HUD three times (the shak-tac hud seems to have changed since I last played. People fade out now while still near you?); and think I even hit an enemy or two.

Don't recognise many names in the current roster, but that's ok as my memory is terrible. I'm here to make new friends and chew gum. And I'm all outta gum.

~Z~

Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Service Medal (3) Media Man (1) Recruiter (1)
Donator (1) Media Team (1) Operations Team (1)
Zeus Operations (2) Mission Designer (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3) Combat Medic (1)
Weapons Operator (1)
Welcome

“Relax. Look around. Make a call.”

+ New Topic + Post Reply