3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
6 posts in this topic
Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:58 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Teamspeak error

Hi guys,
Teamspeak was working fine all eveneing then began to say error over and over and then a notification saying "action cannot be completed due to spam protection. Please try again" or something along the lines of that. However it stopped it when i spoke on radio. Restarting ts did nothing and neither did realoading plug ins, does anyone have any ideas of what I could do to fix it
Thanks
Ben

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:04 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
What button are you using for your push to talk?  Are you using any software such as auto hotkey that modifies your keypresses? 

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:22 pm     Super secret spam barrier

One of the buttons on my mouse and nope I'm not

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant
Other duties:
Site Admin
Server Admin

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Helpful Techie (1) Donator (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
The spam protection on ts is time based, so if you ran into it somehow (maybe tfar goes nuts and you switch channels to often),
you will have it until the timer rans out, how long thats gonna take depends on the amount of spam that got created.
i had this problem multiple times myself (but not recently) and it took around 5 to 10 minutes for me to settle down after it starts blocking me

Posted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
I asked as if you have software such as AutoHotkey set up wrong if repeatedly send key presses while held down which can trigger the flood protection. The anti-flood will trigger if you do too many actions in a short space of time, it's hard to trigger it by accident but possible if you switched channels a lot or sent a bunch of messages.
Like rev said the protection will run out after some time and you should not get the message again. If it persists then something is triggering the anti-flood on your set up.

Posted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:33 am     Super secret spam barrier

I haven't got auto hotkey or anything, and it started doing after I restarted TS after Steve coundnt hear me and I couldn't hear him over normal talk but over raido I could hear him fine and viser versa

+ New Topic + Post Reply