Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

MCC + Alive

Not a dumb question at all, feel free to ask away :)

For our official weekend ops we don't use MCC (that's used for more on-the-fly type mission creation). ALiVE is what we use on our public servers and probably on a lot of ops (depending on who's making the mission).

We do sometimes use MCC on our weekend ops just to make a few adjustments here and there, but it's more used as an admin tool if anything.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
When you've had your interview and gained Recruit status you can download our Mission Design Template which already includes most of the scripting needed to do some clever stuff, leaving you free to be creative in the Arma Editor.

Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:17 pm     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Good questions and I would bet $ that most people don't really know what EITHER tool is properly...

MCC can be both dynamic mission creater (think ZEUS, but better) admin tool, Teleport here, change weather, change time, bring in new vehicle... etc etc. 3D editor etc etc. It's very clever ! (it can do MUCH more I'm sure !)

ALIVE is more focused it's a Mod that you run granting you modules you can place down in the editor. Once placed they are linked together to create a framework, to your specification, that allows you to very quickly get large all encompassing Map wide missions running. You could for instance create a map with Automatically created enemy bases, Insurgents hiding in a town and Support Choppers, arty and friendly Blufor forces in about 10 minutes flat....

Jump on the public and you'll see for yourself how awesome it can be. I build the mission and even I don't know what will happen next it's so dynamic !

SJ

+ New Topic + Post Reply