Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

Problem: Host List Exhausted

Cupcake wrote:
Wanted to update the mods for the upcoming missions, same error.
3CB Addon and ACRE_3CB do not want to download, gave me the same error message.

Jamie plis fix.

I've fixed the issue on the server but I haven't pushed it to clients yet as there are still some things that need finalising. This will be fixed for you by tonight.

For now, don't worry about @3CB or @3CB_ACRE. They aren't needed for any missions at the moment.

For those interested in the technical details - our server is Windows based and uses IIS for the web server. It seems that IIS is not 100% compatible with zsync (used by SIX for delta patching) and so results in some custom mods not being able to update at all. Sickboy (the lead dev for SIX) also confirmed with me that IIS does not support delta patching which means that a mod will have to be completely redownloaded with each update (as opposed to downloading just the updated files). For mods such as @3CB, which is currently 1.44GB, this is completely unsuitable for clients.

I spent about three long hours last night trying to find a way to solve this problem and finally got it to work by recreating the repo in an Nginx environment (Apache did not seem to work either). This has fixed the issue with not being able to update @3CB and also allows us to use delta patching (only downloading updated files and not redownloading the entire mod again). Because of the switch from IIS to Nginx, the repo has been moved (although the old one is still there for the time being). The repo seems to be a lot more stable now. I'll post more details shortly.

Posted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:02 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
RaptorInMotion wrote:
Apollo kindly sent me the ACRE_3CB and JayArmA3Lib files last night, the standard ones from the Public Repo.

I put them where they are supposed to be, and they sort of appear in the expansions bit (both at the very bottom in small letters, doesnt look right). When i actually get in the server, i can see the radios and the boxes etc but pushing CAPSLOCK doesnt do anything at all, nothing pops up in the bottom right corner, no bleep, nothing.

I've updated the repo now and you should be able to install ACRE (now called @3CB_ACRE which combines ACRE and JayArma2Lib). See mylatest post on the Mods page.

Let me know if you have any more issues.

+ New Topic + Post Reply