3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply
5 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:57 pm     Super secret spam barrier

AMD Gaming Evolved

Hi all,

I've recently made the switch from an nVidia GPU to AMD and have been having issues with their version of Shadowplay. I'm under the impression that the concept is the same, recording footage without affecting performance etc and that part seems to be fine. But my recordings have fairly inconsistent issue with audio sync. This wouldn't be such a big deal if it was a case of delaying the audio by a few MS but while this may sync the tracks in on section of a 10 minute recording, they would be out again later on.

There's also an issue with video length. I know the clips should be 10 mins long as I tend to use their replay function, but when I come to edit/play the video it's over 2 hours?

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or experience with AMDs capture software that could help?

Cheers in advance

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:02 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
I've got an AMD card and use FRAPS. Works perfectly. Lose a couple of fps, audio in sync, great quality, short auto-clips, fairly large file size / minute though.

Posted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:24 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Yojimbo wrote:
Also thought you was gonna release that video of the helicopter that landed infront of us full of ruskies :D

That's what I was trying to edit!

I may have to give FRAPS a go then, the one pro for AMD is that the software's free and I'm cheap

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 12:00 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Howl wrote:
But Dxtory... :'(

Dont worry, you are not alone. :)

Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:48 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Yojimbo wrote:
P.S. off topic, you remember when I took out that hind and it landed on the entire squad back in Arma 2 ages ago? Same thing happened again last night ha ha ha ha

Remember it well... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxiQhKShn-o

Quote:
Its a shame you are unable to take advantage of your graphics cards H.264 encoder for longer than 10 minutes, DXTORY and FRAPS are good alternatives though!

It wasn't so much an issue with recording longer than 10 mins, it was more the problems with the videos it created. I was a fan of the replay function though, lets you catch all the cool stuff without recording constantly

+ New Topic + Post Reply