3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Suggested Upgrade

15 posts in this topic
Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:19 pm     Super secret spam barrier

right managed to get some pictures, there are 2 junction boxes, one at a window in the hall where the line enters and then on at the bottom of the stairs inside the hall door, then under the stairs is the socket. Sorry for the poor pictures, the boxes had be glossed over so many tomes they may as well been welded shut.

For reference the router i have atm is the talk talk huawei hg523a, and the firmware is up to date.

Pictures:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/h808bgc4ttt9 ... MjX6a?dl=0

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 pm     Super secret spam barrier

yeah pretty much. junction box 2 is still 1 in 1 out, maybe the socket was there originally and moved?

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:27 am     Super secret spam barrier

I think I have one somewhere. Il dig it out

ImageImage

Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Bit of an update, my download speed has, over the weekend, pretty much doubled, now getting avg 13mbps, which is great. however my upload speed is till around 0.6 mbps. Am I way off thinking that if one increases so should the other?

It's painful at the moment, been uploading 1gb of video since Sunday morning and only at 85% lol

ImageImage

Posted: Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:04 am     Super secret spam barrier

Quote:
The real solution for upload is fibre, or possibly cable, both of which have better upload rates than ADSL can manage.

Neither in available in my area lol, but then again, Channel 5 is only a recent addition here

ImageImage

+ New Topic + Post Reply