3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Performance Expectations

19 posts in this topic
Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:36 pm     Super secret spam barrier

My memory is only 1333, is it worth the effort?

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:08 pm     Super secret spam barrier

i've had the memory for quite a while, its been a gradual build to be honest, it started off as a core 2 duo and gtx 275 :p

Murphy's Law of Combat Operations # 8: If at first you don't succeed... call in an airstrike.
ImageImage

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 am     Super secret spam barrier

I've also made another rookie mistake. I've got different ram speeds un each memory channel one at 1333 and my new memory at 1600. So the whole system is being underclocked to 1333.
Order more 1600 today. Well you live and learn

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:25 am     Super secret spam barrier

Yeah new gpu is next on my list. Hoping to save for a 980 or equivalent ready for full release of star citizen. And the new arma map

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:28 pm     Super secret spam barrier

By the time I've saved a decent amount there might be something new out. Or the titan may have come down in price haha

ImageImage

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:51 pm     Super secret spam barrier

I've been looking at 980s this afty, not sure what would be best for me. I'm happy gaming at 1080p, and obviously the 980ti will give better performance, but is it worth the extra £100? Previous experience is that ti's are £20-£40 more for mediocre performance increases, so what does £100 get you?

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:27 am     Super secret spam barrier

Yeah the 970 is mile cheaper. Even for top of the range. Seen some poor reviews about the vram problem though. But I guess it would be difficult to use 3.5 gb of vram even in arma

ImageImage

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:25 am     Super secret spam barrier

Yeah think I'll go for the 970. Should be able to get it in a couple of months. I'm happy with 1080p. I'm just searching for that ever illusive 60fps. Plus it means I don't have to buy a new monitor.

ImageImage

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:26 pm     Super secret spam barrier

Yojimbo wrote:
 I would put that money away for your next graphics card purchase a few years down the road or you can visit a strip club and "make it rain".

I'll treat myself in GTA

ImageImage

+ New Topic + Post Reply