3 Commando Brigade

Realism. Tactics. Fun.

+ New Topic + Post Reply

Public Action (Red Vanguard): Saturday 27/08/16 @ 19:00 BST

18 posts in this topic
Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:22 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
RL can always be tricky. Just because some members didn't show up to this Saturday doesn't mean it'll happen every Saturday. Have some faith Benzy. It's not fair to give so much negativity we are trying

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:23 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Donator (1)
Plus it's bank holiday weekend and most members have wifes/partners and kids to entertain

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

His men would follow him anywhere, but only out of curiosity.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:37 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
Sorry I was otherwise engaged last night personally, but thanks for the feedback - it all gets listened to.

Cheers and looking forward to the next one.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:13 am     Super secret spam barrier

Ribbons:
Media Man (2) Donator (1)
I think a lot of people (including me) did something else this weekend. I dont know how the weather in the UK is or was, but here over on the continent it was and is extremely good. Also this is the seconf time do this kind of thing and those things usually improve over time. However I am surprised to read that people spend a long time sitting in the lobby or in the base. When we did the first public action it was just a quick restart of the mission and then about 15-20 minutes in the base where people geared up while 1-0 and the section commanders made a basic plan for a mission. So no idea what went wrong there compared to the first one.

Beside that the public action was advertised very late, since Jamster had a busy week. I think we should make sure to advertise public actions like we announce operations. Which is are usually announced 3-5 days in advance.

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:24 am     Super secret spam barrier

I'll be honest, I think 3 night's on the bounce are a bit much.

Concerntrating on the Public OP once a month would probably be better.

It gives us time to get it together and get people ready for it. 

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:28 am     Super secret spam barrier
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Other duties:
Game Admin
Site Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Media Man (2) Donator (1)
Modding Team (1) Frag of the match (1) Leadership (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (3)
I think we probably need to sharpen he time up. Doesn't need a huge plan. So a restart and 10mike step off should've sufficient. What we did on the last two. ;-)

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:53 am     Super secret spam barrier
Sergeant
Sergeant
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Leadership (1) Asset Medal [Air] (1)
Public Regular (1) Operation Medal (4)
Serjames wrote:
I think we probably need to sharpen he time up. Doesn't need a huge plan. So a restart and 10mike step off should've sufficient. What we did on the last two. ;-)

Yeah, I was somewhat frustrated on the second one when I arrived at 7:12 and the server was already up and the first 3 sections filled leaving me solo! Updating the times in the post now that we've got more of a feel for it would help out :)

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:05 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (5) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Recruitment Team (1) Kodak Commander (1) Zeus Operations (3)
Mission Designer (4) Leadership (1) Operation Medal (4)
Just my two cents...

I was 1-1 SL last night, and I joined TS at around 7:15. There was about 20 people in the waiting area, and we got into the server around 7:40 I'd say. Once everyone was in, we got geared up, and me and Liam (mainly Liam) put a plan together for an amphibious assault into Corazol. Once the plan was sorted, Whiskey set up holding points to support us, and we had Zulu in a BTR supporting our assault. Me and Liam split to brief our sections and set up our fireteams. With a bit of prep, we managed to put together a really good, focused mission and got going by around 8:00. 

While more numbers would of course been preferred, with a small amount of numbers, it is definitely possible to set up a well planned and coordinated mission. From what I heard, people enjoyed it, Everyone had something to do, my fireteam secured an LZ for Whiskey, and found the radar station, while my second fireteam took position on a hill just outside the city and covered us. They had some pretty heavy contact for an overwatch team, I was told it was at least two sections attacking them and getting too close for comfort. 1-2 had a tougher time on the beaches, with enemy infantry very close to the coast. Once that was dealt with, they pushed to secure a church in town for use as an HQ position. Whiskey served as transport, and brought in some reinserts as well as helping us with some pesky Bradley's in a CAS role. Zulu had some urban armour vs armour combat, and also pushed through to help my overwatch team.

So it all went pretty smoothly, with good comms and coordination. All in all I was really happy with how it went, props to Liam for the plan and taking overall lead.

The Plan:

+ New Topic + Post Reply