Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)

Script issues

When running a mission locally (e.g. testing the mission on your own PC), you are the server. Therefore, using isServer in a script will cause anything within that scope to not run. Instead, use isDedicated - this will run anything within that scope on a dedicated server only (which I'm guessing is what you want).

Also, as a faster and more efficient method, you should use createUnit array instead of createUnit. Like this:

// Slower method
"O_mas_afr_Rebel1_F" createUnit [getMarkerPos "spawnHQ",Rebel_find_wreck,"",0.85, "Private"];

// Faster method
Rebel_find_wreck2 createUnit ["O_mas_afr_Rebel1_F", getMarkerPos "spawnHQ", [], 0, "FORM"];

And if you want to be really clever, why not put the spawning of units in a for loop with a random unit type every time, like this:

_spawnCount = 7; // However many you want to spawn
for "_i" from 1 to _spawnCount do {
   Rebel_find_wreck createUnit [format["O_mas_afr_Rebel%1_F", ceil(random 5)], getMarkerPos "spawnHQ", [], 0, "FORM"];
};

Let me know how it goes ;)

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:07 pm     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
_spawnCount is a constant (fixed variable) and so will never change unless you redefine it. So yes - you can reuse _spawnCount whenever you want. For example:
_spawnCount = 7; // However many you want to spawn
   Rebel_find_wreck createUnit [format["O_mas_afr_Rebel%1_F", ceil(random 5)], getMarkerPos "spawnHQ", [], 0, "FORM"];
};

sleep 300;

// Will still spawn 7 units
};

sleep 300;

_spawnCount = 12; // Redefining how many I want to spawn
};

Also, ceil(random 5) will return (at random) either 1,2,3,4, or 5. You can read more about the command here.

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." - Leonard Bernstein
3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:33 am     Super secret spam barrier
Major
Major
Other duties:
Site Admin
Game Admin
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7)
I can't test this myself at the moment, but from the error you gave me I don't think the code you posted is what's causing the error. Have a look at your if statements, make sure you aren't mission any brackets or curly braces.

3CB ops in a nutshell.

PC Specs

Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:44 am     Super secret spam barrier
Marine
Marine
Other duties:
Modder
Founder

Ribbons:
Service Medal (7) Donator (1) Modding Team (1)
Frag of the match (1) Operation Medal (1)
Ah, the attack of the brackets.
Curly ones too, the worst kind.

+ New Topic + Post Reply